Okay, who can give me a competent 1000 point list? Preferable, but not essential, is the Shamaness, 6 Warriors, 6 Breakers. I have Khong-To as well. I don't much like the Nagendra Rangers sculpts but anything else is fair game.

How about...

Troop 1

Uru

T'Kay w/Cure 3, Cure 2, Blessing

Warriors x3

Breakers x3

Troop 2

Audt

Warriors x3

Breakers x2

Troop 3

Krung

Troop 4

Krung

4 Troops

4 Initiative Cards

16 Models

No ranged, and no flyers, but a pretty solid melee build.

~v

It is difficult for the grunts to be out of cohesion if they are all crowded around the same enemy model - leader or no leader.

THat's what shockwave is for...granted, it's a bit of a stretch:

Kill the leader, shockwave the target model, and hit him with one, or two fear spells (depending on whether it is already shaken or not).

THere are plenty of mid-level Elites (50-80 points) that are very vulnerable to this sort of tactic. Killing Mastema th Demon (132 points) with 15-20 points of spells seems like a bargain. Granted you'd need 3 spellcasters in a troop to pull it off, and they'd better be 3 fairly decent ones so you're looking at a caster Warlord + 2 other casters.

Not all that likely to occur, but it has the potential to be used. Granted with Shockwave now pushing models 12 inches away, it is a bit of a tough go to set it up.

Granted you'd need 3 spellcasters in a troop to pull it off, and they'd better be 3 fairly decent ones so you're looking at a caster Warlord + 2 other casters.

I see one major floor in this plan.

Mage 1: Poo Wi-Set, Nagendra Warlord

Mage 2: Ssudai, Unq Mage

Mage 3: ...I'll get back to you on that...

We can't field 3 mages in an army at any point value, let alone in one troop. So we'd have to do it over two turns making it alot harder. :poke: Brings up a question though, all magic is at the same time, so wouldn't the target only be considered out of cohesion once you've finished both spells?

Shakandara: thanks! I can get that together pretty easily. What would you field for 1000 points, anything goes?

At 1K, anything goes? If I were going pure Reptus (and without knowing what the scenario might be), I'd be more inclined to field something like...

Troop 1

Uru

River Trolls x3

Reptus Warriors x4

Troop 2

Gam-Nan

Gaan-Hor Warriors x5

Standard

Troop 3

Krungbeast

That's 993. The warriors are the anchor, and support them with the Trolls for crushing blows. Use the Krungs to take objectives and hit bigger targets. Use the flyers to control archers and spell casters, or swarm solos (the standard should keep you from failing too many Dis checks, and prevent those models from being Shaken). You could mess with the warriors to get a little closer to 1K by swapping them for 'Strikers or Breakers, but I really like the durability of that troop... DV 13 Trolls, DV 12 + Deflect/2 Warriors.

~v

Use the flyers to control archers and spell casters, or swarm solos
I've use them almost exclusivly to take out solo's, and have yet had a solo last for more than a single combat. But as many ans 18 atacks at MAV 8 (5 + support) will do that. I'd personly replace the standard with a musition just to give that extra edge. but the rest seems solid.

Just wanted to post this picture that Chesme added a while back to a different Reptus post. I dont want the picture to get lost. Unless they already have a drawing to go by, I would love to have the sculptor look at this drawing as at least a start to the Hydra. Obviously, it needs more heads, but I love the look of this beast. Very great rough idea that could be cleaned up to be the Hydra..

sketch03.jpg

I had forgotten about this drawing, but I do remember seeing it. I have to agree, I'd love to see that sleeker sort of look to the hydra rather than the typical bloated looking ones alot end up as.

sleek but with full massive shoulders, kneck, and head. Just cause it will have several heads doesnt mean that each should now be on puny little spaghetti lines of a kneck.

But if the heads and neck are too big, it will be so top/front heavy that it will be VERY prone to tipping if you're not careful, unless it's soooo big it's footprint will fill up the whole CD.

Would be a little expensive I am sure to fill up that kind of space... But.. If it were made to look cool enough and with its MAV 9s across the board... would be worth it... he he

Unofficially, I've heard that concept art for the Hydra was done some time ago, and that it is already off being sculpted. What that means, however, for how soon we might see it or what it'll look like is anyone's guess. One only needs to look as far as Rauthuros to temper expectations of getting Nakaraat sooner than Soon.

~v

6 new Nagendra data cards are live. You can find the whole clan using the data card search: sub faction search. ::D:

The army list _should_ be:

Army List Name: Nagendra Sublist

Restrictions: The following Models only:

Po Wi-Set, Warlord

Somchai, Unq. Captain

Ssathuss, Unq. Sergeant

Tasanee, Hero

Ssudai, Unq. Mage

Kulan, Unq. Rogue

Coatl, Adept

Nagendra Ranger, Adept

Nagendra Venomspitter, Adept