I'm a little irritated, Doesn't Gus realize that I didn't want to start another army until I'm done painting the ones I've got.

Now I HAVE to get a snake man force!!!!!!

Curses!!!!

he he he... i know something Gus hasnt shared yet... i know something Gus hasnt shared yet...

::P:

Me Too...Seriously, from what Gus has put up, and what he has planned, the Reptus are perhaps the premier Faciton in my mind, not overly powerful, but well balanced (even if most of their models are quite pricey).

Go Troll Shaman Go! Go! Who needs to waste time with Healer when you've got DV 13 and 2 MAV 5 attacks.

Actually the highlight of the datacard set in my opinion is 100% the Nagendra Warriors, they might not stand out at first glance, but I see them as really being a good value, and a really good fit for the army list, as they really compliment the Reptus with cheaper cost, yet effective #MA 3, Poison Strike attacks.

Klahan takes the crown as far as ranged attack snipers in the game.

Funnily, the Dragonturtle looks like it mostly comes from a datacard concept that Gus and I had chatted about (with a few changes), but I never would have expected it to end up being a dragonturtle when we were chatting about it. I have to say it was pretty interesting to see Gus work on this faction, I think he really wanted to make up for it being previously seen as lacklustre. Even though we havn't seen all of the models, I think what he has put up demonstrates he's really put the Reptus up as a force to be reckoned with (especially when they get their new faction abilities).

Anyway, makes me happy I just bought a bunch of Reptus models a while back...just need some trolls...and some Nagendra...and Gaan-Hor...there goes the budget.

We never get everything we want..

I couldnt convince him that i needed a 2 track breaker with shock and 3 swings at mav 8 and burrow.... he he

Nor could I talk him into my flying dragon with innate kill everything on a roll of 3 or better.

But, I think I was still able to talk him into a few things that make the Reptus a much more fun army to think about playing.

Go Troll Shaman Go! Go! Who needs to waste time with Healer when you've got DV 13 and 2 MAV 5 attacks.

There are 7 other models who are clerics and don't have Healer, so it's not terribly unusual for her not to have it.

MY DRAGON TURTLE HAS STATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man, we got some love this time.

edit: as a look at the nagendra sublist, I can't help but think what a challenge it will be to play. the average DV is like a 9. It is gonna feel the hurt while it crosses the battlefield.

But when you get across the board almost every attack in your army will be dishing out a poison token. Nagendra Warriors have DV 10, so that's not bad, and the Rangers have Ranger, so that helps make them speedy.

Oh, and from what GUs was muttling over, they'll likely get some help from their faction bonus to address your concerns.

...snip...

edit: as a look at the nagendra sublist, I can't help but think what a challenge it will be to play. the average DV is like a 9. It is gonna feel the hust while it crosses the battlefield.

Yeah... You would think that :)

As for the Dragon Riders... It's about time Payanak sends some support. I just wish all of our Brood had wings.

I'm not saying that the snakes can't win. Just that it will be hard to keep them around. It's like having a bunch of mages. A mage can really pass out the hurt, but it is a soft target. And when you have a soft target that is potentially very deadly, people gun for it. They're sort of like an army of suicide bombers. They run across the field, and get slaughtered along the way. But the ones who get their are going to be passing out the hurt.

Has anyone checked it out lately? It looks like we have a Dragon rider!!!!!!

And a Warlord no less.

Now if I could just convert something before my game this weekend.

But when you get across the board almost every attack in your army will be dishing out a poison token. Nagendra Warriors have DV 10, so that's not bad, and the Rangers have Ranger, so that helps make them speedy.

Poison tokens don't stack, so to get the most out of 3 poison strikes, they have to target 3 different models, meaning 3 times the defensive strikes against a lousy DV. It looks like a wash to me.

Rich

Poison tokens don't stack, so to get the most out of 3 poison strikes, they have to target 3 different models, meaning 3 times the defensive strikes against a lousy DV. It looks like a wash to me.

Rich

I never said, not implied that poison token stacks, if they did this ability would be alot more expensive, and so would any model carrying it.

If you don't like the Nagendra, don't use them, there are plenty of models available, not every players loves every model.

Maybe I like them because I have a good idea what abilities they might end up with as a faction ability, and what abilities the Reptus standard list are likely to get, this knowledge helps alot I think.

What would your Nagendra Warrior look like? I know many idea were thrown around, and personally I think Gus came up with a nice fit. Like I said, I love this model and would happily take it, either as part of a combined troop, or as a whole troop by themselves.

Compare the Nagendra to Templar Knights, Isiri Warriors, Vale Warriors, or Awakened, and I think the Nagendra Warriors fall right in line. MAV 5 is better than average for a base line warrior, and 3 attacks is quite good, their DV lets them down slightly, but to get the beefy DV you'd end up with a Reptus Warrior, and if you want that you might as well just take that. I'm more than willing to risk defensive strikes and to take a few wound if it means I dish out several wounds of my own. There are dozens and dozens of 'lousy' units in the game by your standards (DV 10 and multiple attacks). I look at poison as that little extra to take down a model. If you do a single wound you are very likely to inflict 2, if you manage to 2 two wounds you are very likley to kill many grunt models in the game outright, which is more than can be said of most soldier models, mathematically the Nagendra has a much higher chance of doing 3 wounds than other models with 3 attacks in most circumstances.

Poison strike/shot arn't the pinnacle of abilities, but they are very helpful, and in some situations may act as a defensive measure as much as anything, possibly making players wary of ganging up on a given model. Obviously Warmaster would be nice, but given that the model is likely to become a grunt in the Nagendra sub-list that's likely too much to ask for, and would put the Warrior in an unreasonable price range for it's abilities.

Not trying to convince you, you've obviously made up your mind, just pointing out positives to counter-balance the negatives. No model is perfect, and this one has it's weaknesses.