Reptus

We've kind of got an unspoken rule in our group that were not going to use proxies yet. Were all big time warmachine players and all of us got sick of saying this is really that and this is him etc. Some flyers are on my list next though. Is the krung beast worht the points in a 1000 point game?

I think you were right about Moandain (chick holding up the bats ?) I will have to have a better look through the spells and see what I can do to get rid of those spectral minion castings, or just kill the spell caster, I think thats what really slowed me down was having to wade through all of those dinky troops thereby letting his knights pick me pff piecemeal.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've kind of got an unspoken rule in our group that were not going to use proxies yet. Were all big time warmachine players and all of us got sick of saying this is really that and this is him etc. Some flyers are on my list next though. Is the krung beast worht the points in a 1000 point game?

I think you were right about Moandain (chick holding up the bats ?) I will have to have a better look through the spells and see what I can do to get rid of those spectral minion castings, or just kill the spell caster, I think thats what really slowed me down was having to wade through all of those dinky troops thereby letting his knights pick me pff piecemeal.

Personally I love the krung beast. He packs a helluva punch for ~100 points. At 103 points he still seems cheap.

Naomi is the chick with the bats, but she is a powerful mage. So everything Stubbdog says about trying to stop Moandain still applies.

Some things I do in general when building a list:

1. Put enough tank type models, in your case warriors, in the same troop as archers and casters to supply cover. If your opponent doesn't take ranged models this may not be a very big deal, but I strive for a 1:1 ratio at minimum.

2. I would add a different type of fighter to your melee troop. You have alot of warriors, try adding in the troll or picking up some breakers and adding them in.

3. Try to gang up so you can remove models as quickly as possible. Letting those spectral minions hang around means they are giving combat bonuses to their friends, so focus on killing not just damaging.

Stubbdog loaded you up with tons of good info, so other than that you just got to play and things will become more clear after a few more games.

Ok, using just the models you have and using the current 2007 datacard costs here is my best suggestion for the moment.

Troop 1

Khong to (greater armor)

Nai-Khannon (lesser armor)

1 archer

4 warriors

Troop 2

Uru (greater armor)

river troll

2 archers

4 warriors

Adding magic wouldnt be bad either , but if you are still using the 2007 datacards, then you will get more out of melee. Now if you want me to use 2008 datacards then the story might change.

If I made any change to this it might be to swap the lesser armor from nai-khannon over to Uru and use the points from Uru's armor on givign musicians to both troops. Musicians would help get you there quicker before too many of those spectral minion spells could be cast.

Thought about it some more, and here is my updated list.

Troop 1

Khong to (greater armor)

Nai-Khannon (lesser armor)

1 archer

4 warriors

Troop 2

Uru (lesser armor)

river troll

Ssudai (lesser familiar, 2x stun)

4 warriors

As someone who helped in the development of the Reptus, I can honestly say there is not a single model I dont like. So, I could easily name every model they have and not feel bad about it.

But, if you asked me what models take priority for me, I would probably suggest the most are: raptors, breakers, and clutchlings.

Damn I hate that Jade Strike FA , or more to the point Hellsgate's rerolls . This last weekend every time , and I mean every time , he had to do a reroll , 90% came up "10's" :rolleyes: with a few "9's" thrown in . Its almost like everyone had Warmaster and thrown in for free . grumble,grumble <_<

Hey in me defence i missed... 2 maybe 3 times.

It was a 1000pt RC08 list. Pure range/magic list vs. BSG. Ended up loosing by only about 100pts. Went very well considering i didn't get to make use of range or magic till the second turn thanks to there FA.

I'd never do a pure ranged army again (not a single model with 360 :blink: ), but it was fun.

All 3 mages, with greater familars and max spells, 5 archers, 4 venom spitters, and 4 clutchling javeliners.

Scotty, make sure you remember the FA. It can be uberly powerful at times. With DV and damage tracks on our grunt, Reptus are very good on the defencive. And I'd put my vote on buying the skullbreakers next.

Just a quick peek for all of my Reptus compadres...a little treat that will bring shivers to your opponents when he's plonked onto the table

regards,

jason w.

dragonturtle2.jpg

Speaking of Dragon Turtle....when will there be a model for this awesome beast!!!! My Reptus army needs him!!!!!

Giddoen

There is a older model in the Boneyard - "002516 Turtle Dragon" .

post-692-1205866713_thumb.jpg

Jason,

The link is not working. But, I did get a chance to see the pictures not too long ago, and have to say it i TOTALLY AWESOME nd has been hard for me to keep quiet about it.

On a separate note, go take a look at this thread. Don't know if you have gotten any artwork for the Broodmaster yet, but if not then I want to put in my request to add this guy as a source for working from :

cool dragon green

Just a quick peek for all of my Reptus compadres...a little treat that will bring shivers to your opponents when he's plonked onto the table....post-692-1205866713_thumb.jpg

regards,

jason w.

Fix that link. Fix it right now. Seriously. :)