Reptus

played a 1500 game tonight using the default reptus list verses Darkspawn. Between both Aura of Thorns and Jade Strike, I think I ended up using them a total of 4 times the entire game. 3 times on the Strike and 1 time on the Aura. All 4 to successful outcomes. But, I wouldn't say that 4 times in a 1500 point game is over powered at all.

The SA sound really powerful, and I guess if circumstances happened differntly, it could be. But, I didnt think it was all that game changing while it still fit flavor of the melee reptus brutes.

Sadly, my broodmaster fell victim to an ice blast the very first activation, followed by a mauling at the hands of a bunch of stupid little imps. So, I did not get to use him to his full potential... But, at least the rest of the group performed admirably.

Well if you only had to rereoll 3 Defensives Strikes and they were all successful , therefore your other defensive strikes must have been successful . :blink: With that sort of luck why does anyone need extra help . ::P: Personally , I'd like to see it toned down abit . <_<

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it was more cause i was on the offensive most of the time. My opponent played a defenisve style with several shooty types.

That, and I did take a battle totem and that helped a bunch too.

And, not related to the FA, I just wanted to say, I love the change in how the troop equipment Standard has changed. I had a couple of them and I used them a bunch.

played a 1500 game tonight using the default reptus list verses Darkspawn. Between both Aura of Thorns and Jade Strike, I think I ended up using them a total of 4 times the entire game. 3 times on the Strike and 1 time on the Aura. All 4 to successful outcomes. But, I wouldn't say that 4 times in a 1500 point game is over powered at all.

We observed a similar pattern at 1500 points, Jade Strike came into play around 6-8 times, and Aura came into play 3-4 times. I think Sergei forgot to use Aura with the Hydra though, that might have helped.

The abilities are not so much about how many times they come into play, but more about reliability. For instance when you need a 3 to hit your target, and need to hit them 3 times for the kill, you probably want to put 4 attacks on that target. But with Jade Strike, the free reroll essentially gives you that 4th free attack in case you miss one of the first three.

My only worry is that I just ordered a whole schwak of Reptus, if this ability does end up overly lopsided I'm going to be loath to ever use them.

I'll give it a shot, and see how it goes when the opportunity arises. Not going to bellyache about it until I get beaten in a game where I can point and say, those defensive strikes made all the difference. Not adverse to either ability, but the combination of the two (one a defensive bonus to an offensive strike, and the other an offensive bonus to a defensive strike) seems pretty powerful.

remember, the jade strike only works on defensive strikes...

Yes but Reptus has 16 Warmasters (3 of them Adepts), all of which get at least 3 attacks. It's really not difficult to capitalize on the ability.

Yes but Reptus has 16 Warmasters (3 of them Adepts), all of which get at least 3 attacks. It's really not difficult to capitalize on the ability.

This ability helps the non-Warmasters more than the Warmasters. Going from 1 to 2 defensive strikes is a much bigger boost than going from 3 to 4 defensive strikes.

Looking at this ability statistically, it means that one defensive strike per model will do 0-0.25 more points of damage (0 if it is an auto-hit, 0.25 if a 6+ is needed, all the rest are somewhere in between.)

needed to hit/extra statistical damage due to reroll:

10/+0.09

9/+0.14

8/+0.21

7/+0.24

6/+0.25

5/+0.24

4/+0.21

3/+0.14

2/+0.09

1/+0 (auto-hit, no re-roll!)

Rich

This ability helps the non-Warmasters more than the Warmasters. Going from 1 to 2 defensive strikes is a much bigger boost than going from 3 to 4 defensive strikes.

You're right, it is. I should have been clearer. When trying to take down a model with defensive strikes, Jade strike increases reliability for Warmasters. For doing 1 point of damage, and overall attrition, non-warmasters with mid-level MAV like Reptus Warriors, or in general models needing 5's, 6's or 7's to hit, get the better benefit.

And your table needed a very slight correction, and my OCD nature won't let it slide.

10/+0.09

9/+0.16

8/+0.21

7/+0.24

6/+0.25

5/+0.24

4/+0.21

3/+0.16

2/+0.09

1/+0 (auto-hit, no re-roll!)

I've been meaning to ask - what is does everyone envision their battle totem's being/looking like and how do you represent it on the table? Or am I just having a blonde day and my ninja-forum-searching skills :ph34r: failing me and there exists a model or discussion on this already...

Thanks!

I've been meaning to ask - what is does everyone envision their battle totem's being/looking like and how do you represent it on the table? Or am I just having a blonde day and my ninja-forum-searching skills :ph34r: failing me and there exists a model or discussion on this already...

Thanks!

I've been looking for a good piece of fish tank scenery for awhile. The book describes it as a Jade Pagoda, so that's what I'm looking for. I would almost prefer to paint mine, but I'll take anything.

Right now I use a Jade Budda statue.

Just wanted to post this picture that Chesme added a while back to a different Reptus post. I dont want the picture to get lost. Unless they already have a drawing to go by, I would love to have the sculptor look at this drawing as at least a start to the Hydra. Obviously, it needs more heads, but I love the look of this beast. Very great rough idea that could be cleaned up to be the Hydra..

sketch03.jpg

Ok, seeing as how we got some land dragon riders and some raptors, I again am hoping to hve this picture considered for either. On that note, I hope the raptors are reptus raptors and not dinosaur raptors. That is, maybe some similar traits, but not actual dinosaurs.

I don't know how I missed this post...twice! Thank you very much for remembering (and liking!) my sketch, Stubbdog. I had tweaked it a bit to reflect some of the comments on that old post but never finished it. I'll work on it a bit tonight and hopefully get it done (& share when I do).

Thanks!

This is what I use:

DSCN2358.jpg

It's a paper model I made. If anyone is interested, as soon as I make a good jade dragon to fit inside it I'll offer it free to download for totem use. Eventually, it'll be up on warlordgamer.com (once the site goes live).

This is what I use:

DSCN2358.jpg

It's a paper model I made. If anyone is interested, as soon as I make a good jade dragon to fit inside it I'll offer it free to download for totem use. Eventually, it'll be up on warlordgamer.com (once the site goes live).

Yep - I'm definitely interested. Thanks for the info everyone. I'm apparently going blind because I've read the Warlord rule book multiple times and still missed the totem... *Sigh* getting old just stinks :wacko:

Well, I dont have a picture of my totem, but currently its actually a little wind up snake toy. Looks like a little coiled up snake that when you wind him up, it shoots across the floor with his head spinning around. Course I dont actually wind it up. Just looks like a cool little snake statue. I still need to repaint it to be more appropriate colors instead of a kids toy.