Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Razig's Revenge

Kuni, you can find most of what you are looking for by downloading the newest RAGE Chronicles and Faction Abilities documents. The Razig's document will be pretty much useless in another couple days, except as a fluff souce. You can find both aforementioned documents on the Warlord games site in the Featured Downloads section. Check the dates that files were uploaded for the most recent documents. Razig is definitely worth playing under the revisions, and some of the more annoying hinderances of the faction are now gone.

~v

Kuni, you can find most of what you are looking for by downloading the newest RAGE Chronicles and Faction Abilities documents. The Razig's document will be pretty much useless in another couple days, except as a fluff souce. You can find both aforementioned documents on the Warlord games site in the Featured Downloads section. Check the dates that files were uploaded for the most recent documents. Razig is definitely worth playing under the revisions, and some of the more annoying hinderances of the faction are now gone.

~v

So if I'm seeing this right, Razig no longer destroys his troops to ressurrect(or is in fact able to do so), and you can't select an enemy model as per the "has me treasure" thing?

So if I'm seeing this right, Razig no longer destroys his troops to ressurrect(or is in fact able to do so), and you can't select an enemy model as per the "has me treasure" thing?

Correct on both counts. You still have to take Razig to get the other faction benies, but he's cheaper, and bigger models are now more balanced with lower point ones. Wins all the way around!

~v

Here's a list that I made utilizing the new FAs. I playtested it against 5 different style Dwarf armies, and it only lost one time! :blink:

Razig + GMA + Chilling Aura

Soul Cannon

Soul Cannon

5 Marines

Harpooner

Soul Cannon + Outrider

Grim Pete

5 Marines

2 Zombies

Dark Maiden

Total: 1,499 Points, 19 Models, 4 Troops, 4 Init Cards

Being able to do 2 points of damage per shot is awesome. Yeah, you can't move, but so what? If you are unlucky enough to have move first, then move the Dark Maiden. Then after your opponent moves, blast away with the solo Cannon. That'll weaken it up enough for your other two cannon to kill it off, while your Marines shoot other targets. Yeah, it's pretty devastating.

Wild Bill :blues:

Here's a list that I made utilizing the new FAs. I playtested it against 5 different style Dwarf armies, and it only lost one time! :blink:

Razig + GMA + Chilling Aura

Soul Cannon

Soul Cannon

5 Marines

Harpooner

Soul Cannon + Outrider

Grim Pete

5 Marines

2 Zombies

Dark Maiden

Total: 1,499 Points, 19 Models, 4 Troops, 4 Init Cards

Being able to do 2 points of damage per shot is awesome. Yeah, you can't move, but so what? If you are unlucky enough to have move first, then move the Dark Maiden. Then after your opponent moves, blast away with the solo Cannon. That'll weaken it up enough for your other two cannon to kill it off, while your Marines shoot other targets. Yeah, it's pretty devastating.

Wow...10 marines and 3 cannon? I'm curious why you didn't add more Zombies, or any Chain Gang for that matter. With these new stats, are Skeletal Crew worthwhile at all? I'm about to embark on a Razig army of my own, and while I want a variety of troops, I also want to start out with a force that won't get torn apart.

I wanted to do a shooty heavy force. Chain Gang and Zombie are hand-to-hand oriented. I know I had two Zombies in there, but I had extra points, and felt like I needed SOMETHING just in case a solo or what have you made it across the board. ::):

The Harpooner was there solely to give Reach support to Razig.

The Crewmen are ok. Range 12 inches kinda sucks, but what can you do? ^_^

I tend to go for more themed armies a lot. I have a melee oriented Razig army in the past, and it never seemed to work. So, this army was all about the shooting with minimal hand-to-hand. Not being able to move and shoot sucks, but if the opponent does base up a cannon or a couple of marines, blast away into hand-to-hand combat. You're Undead. You don't care! :lol:

You're Undead. You don't care! :lol:

Blowthrough still causes damage to you, though you won't be Shaken from the assault :lol::poke:

You're Undead. You don't care! :lol:

Blowthrough still causes damage to you, though you won't be Shaken from the assault :lol::poke:

Well, I was thinking your Bone Marine buddies would be shooting, not the cannons, but true! :lol:

However...true story...last Saturday I was teaching this 9-10 year old boy named Sean and a gentleman named Aaron how to play. Sean was playing the army I just posted, and Aaron was playing one of my Dwarf lists. Aaron got a bear rider into b2b with Razig. Sean activated Razig's troop, but decided to do shooting first. He had a Marine between the bear and one of his cannons. So, he shot the Marine to get blowthrough on the bear!! And yes, the Marine shot too! We thought that was funny. He ended up stunning the bear, and then Razig casually applied the coup de grace! :lol:

I cant comment on the zombies or chain gang as I have not played with them yet, but the harpooners are awesome in numbers. Also even tho the 12 inch range is low, remember that inside of 6 inches is point blank +1 bons to hit. So, it brings their rav up to pretty decent and then you dont have to trudge across the whole field to follow up in melee.

I was showing some friends last night how to play warlord. I took 1k of necro stuff and 1k of razig guys as my demo force. To keep it really simple i used no magic or equipment on either force. It was razig and 9 bone marines in one troupe and lebone and skeletal crewman in the other troupe.

For the necro army i used judas and 9 crimson knights and azarphan and some skelly warriors in the other troupe. As the game started nothing really happened for a bit while the knights moved up and the pirates single moved for a turn or two. Once the necro guys got into range though the pirates opened up on them and took out a few skellies and dinged 3 of the knights down 2 tracks. The next round the knights double moved and didn't do much else. The crewman openedup again on the skellies and tore down a few more of em and the knights took more damage and lost a mini. The next round of combat ended up with the knights almost in b2b and taking point blank picket line shots. The skellies got almost completely finished off at this point with only azarphan and one skelly still up.

So at this point it looks real rough for the necro army. About 4 of the knights are damaged one had to make a tough check and made it. One of the knights is gone and the pirates are undamaged. Up until the next round that is.

My friends found out just how rough warmaster is. In the next few rounds one of the players kept making tough checks on the knights and just decimating the marines in close combat. During the same rounds the skellies and azarphan went poof and the crewman came over to help sandwich the knights. So i'm thinking that the necro guys get squished and the game is all over right? Nope.

To my surprise the knights and judas clean up all but 2 of the marines, a few crewman, stun lebone and take razig out comepletely. At the end of a few rounds of defensive warmaster hits the game is called and the necro army takes a win.

My question is since the pirates are my wifes army and they obviously seemed outmanned with the troops i took once close combat started, should i have taken some of the zombie guys and left the crewman at home? I was thinking that if the crew and marines set up an angle of fire it would have helped cut down the knights with shots as they engaged the marines in close combat. I was just running it though so i didn't want to give them too much strategy advice. Questions or comments would be most helpful here.

The thing is, it is hard to give accurate advice, because the opinion changes with every different army build you face. Swap a few models in the Necro side and things totally change.

But, my personal opinion is I love the harpooners. Use them as road blocks and let the marines continue to fire into them at point blank.

I've found that when doing demos points aren't all that important. Try balancing the two forces even if it means one is a bit more points than the other. I've found that while two forces might be balanced for people who've played a few games, they're not balanced for two new players, since some minis take a little more finesse to play than others. Ranged units are an example of units that I rarely see used to their full potential in demos.

I had a fairly successful game using Scuttlebones. I kept him burrowed and used him to attract alot fire from mages, archers, and warriors. He lucked out when the mages failed CP rolls and the warriors failed DIS checks to engage. Once he came up he didn't last long, but his death gave me a very important round to get into position so I could unleash slow shot after slow shot each round.

I was surprised the model lacked tough, given that he's a tank it seems like he's just the kind of model that Needs tough.

Even though the range was kicked back a bit on most of the models, their short range attacks were still worthwhile. Nothing quite like standing back and shooting a model that charged the guy next to you.

Losing Defensive shot sucks a bit, but it didn't have much of an affect on the game. I was usually out of range from the firing model. When I wasn't I just shot him back the next round.

Overall I like the changes to the faction. If anyone uses the wereshark let me know how he plays out.