Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reven

I don't disagree that army would have been a blast to play against. Just offering thoughts on tweaking it.

Another reason to have more Gobbos on the field is that you could base your Hill GIants with them, preventing all but al limited number of enemies getting into contact with them at any given time.

Reach models also lose their ability to lend their Reach support when based by an enemy model, and Archer models can't fire while in base to base with any enemy. This means you can force such models to attack your Gobbos instead of the Hill Giants, or make discipline checks to break away from combat.

I understand that, but what is the point of spending 240 points of spells that heal 3 damage 50% of the time (when the Gonda's on on their best track), when you can several more troops of Goblins on the board, and bring more Gonda's to use strictly as 'Healers'.

Also, in the above list you don't need Golbins to be great core fighters, all you need them there is to mop up the models the Hill Giants fail to wound, and to tie up and block important models from attacking your Giants until you are ready to face them.

I can easily tie up a Warlord by surrounding them, but not basing them, with Goblins, allowing such a model to only kill a Golbin each turn, while my Hill Giants rip apart other models in the oppossing army. Goblins make great speed bumos, and having an extra dozen on the board along with a couple more GOnda's would make for a better lis tin my opinion.

SE is right, the goblins make great speed bumps to keep swarms off of the hill giants. They don't last long, but if you simply base the enemy and don't attack with them they do last a bit longer.

Castlebuilder

It's heads pointing face up in a roar I think, the big decider will be whether it is Bull Orc Big or not. Not saying I'm a huge fan of the sculpt, but it makes a good Narg, and I've been on the look out for one, and considering converting one, so this might save me the trouble.

http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/album30/3218_G

Anyone else think this guy is the perfect Narg? I suppose it's likely exactly the reason we are seeing him, given the similarities and the relatively new proxy rules.

As if I won't be using that powder monkey as my Fire Keg.

Who won't be using the powder monkey as their Fire keg. It's just too damn perfect! Mine is supposed to be here this weekend. I'm still holding the jury on the orc warboss as a narg though untill I see it in hand.

I've always used Gragg and Other-Gragg as proxy-Nargs. Mind you, I don't take my proxying as seriously as some. I still am using Janara the female half orc to represent the second Ombur I have yet to purchase.

So, what is everybody else using as their extra Hill Giants? How about extra Ogre Warriors or River Trolls?

I've always used Gragg and Other-Gragg as proxy-Nargs. Mind you, I don't take my proxying as seriously as some. I still am using Janara the female half orc to represent the second Ombur I have yet to purchase.

So, what is everybody else using as their extra Hill Giants? How about extra Ogre Warriors or River Trolls?

I'm going to buy two each of the new plastic ogre and troll.

Hill Giants I'm not sure.

Questions for you guys.

Why don't the Bull Orc Berzerkers have the Berserker SA, I would think that this would be a given.

... and I still can't believe that there is not a Chimera in this list. :wacko:

Questions for you guys.

Why don't the Bull Orc Berzerkers have the Berserker SA, I would think that this would be a given.

... and I still can't believe that there is not a Chimera in this list. :wacko:

Just one of those things , I guess . They're not as bad as those frothing at the mouths , loony dwarves . :blink::lol:

Did I miss something or can the Trolls no longer be taken in the default list? They're not listed as Reven affiliation anywhere i can find and there's no longer a FA making them Reven affiliation. They're still mentioned in the Tomuk sublist though. I'm confused but guessing it's an error.

The River Trolls are Tomukh sublist only.

I don't recall that they were ever allowed as part of the Grand Reven.

The big difference is that Gurm and Braug are no longer part of Tomukh list - Uru and River Trolls now fill this niche.

I think that the River Trolls were part of the Reven list in the original Warlord book but were made Tomukh only once the Reven faction book came out.

Ron

I think that the River Trolls were part of the Reven list in the original Warlord book but were made Tomukh only once the Reven faction book came out.

Ron

Now that you mention it. I guess a couple years of list and army changes has swiss cheesed my memory. Not to mention that the old default list pretty much was a tomukh list (plus a couple goblins)

Dropping these lists into the thread, posted them in the 'Reven List' thread, but reposting here for completeness as this is the place people are most likely to browse for build ideas.

1000 Point Reven List 1 (1000 points, 4 cards, 50 models) Maximum Models

troop 1

Kak'Urg-33

Bull Hunters x 4-164

Orc Warriors x 5-90

Goblins x 3-36

troop 2

Kak'Urg-33

Bull Fighters x 4-152

Orc Spearmen x 4-72

Goblin Rangers x 4-52

troop 3

Neek-22

Orc Spearmen x 2-36

Orc Warriors x 3-54

Goblins x 6-72

troop 4

Neek-22

Orc Spearmen x 2-36

Orc Warriors x 3-54

Goblins x 6-72

1000 Point Reven List 2 ( 1000 points, 3 cards, 42 models) Heavy Hitters in Every Troop + Ranged Attacks

troop 1

Kak'Urg-33

3xBull Hunters-123

3xOrc Warriors-54

4xGoblin Warriors-48

3xGoblin Skeeters-81

troop 2

Kak'Urg-33

3xBull Fighters-114

3xOrc Spearmen-54

4xGoblin Warriors-48

3xGoblin Skeeters-81

troop 3

Kak'Urg-33

2xOgres-118

3xOrc Spearmen-54

3xOrc Warriors-54

6xGoblin warriors-72

1000 Point Reven List 3 ( 999 points, 5 cards, 39 models) One really solid troop supported by Regulars + Ogres added for tactical flexability

troop 1

Narg-77

4xBull Hunters-164

4xBull Fighters-152

2xGoblin Skeeters-54

troop2

Neek-22

3xOrc Warriors-54

3xOrc Spearmen-54

6xGoblins-72

troop3

Neek-22

3xOrc Warriors-54

3xOrc Spearmen-54

6xGoblins-72

troop4

Ogre Warrior-59

+Outrider-15

troop5

Ogre Warrior-59

+Outrider-15

1000 Point Reven List 4 (999 points, 4 cards, 26 models) Hill Giant Force+Clerics for 'Healer'

troop 1

Kak'Urg-33

Gonda-36

3xOrc Spearmen-54

4xGoblin Rangers-52

troop 2

Kak'Urg-33

Gonda-36

3xBull Archers-198

3xGoblin Skeeters-81

troop 3

Kak'Urg-33