Discuss builds and how to crush your foes mightily in this thread!

I think am going to do a freelance army based on nothing but what models I like.

Here's a 1,000 point army I designed. It's only good for a Kill 'Em All Scenario. Anything else it would get it's butt kicked. ^_^

Rauthuros + 1 Bolt

Fatima + Familiar + 1 Teleport + 4 Cure2

3 Skull Breakers

Musician

Hydra

Totals: 998 Points, 6 Models, 2 Troops, 2 Init Cards

This whole army is designed around the two most expensive models in the game. Use Fatima to fling the Hydra into your opponent's biggest model, then have Rauthuros back him up. Let the carnage ensue. :devil:

The breakers are there to be bodyguards for Fatima while she tries to Cure2 the big guys. ^_^

Wild Bill :blues:

Here was my Reapercon Freelance 1000 point force. It was extremely affective. So much so, that I will be starting a new thread shortly to discuss the possible need to make a change related to the first strike SA.

Evil 1000 pt

Troop 1

Mack Hardwick

4 Reven Hunters

Musician

Troop 2

Corvus

4 Harpooners

1 Merc Xbow

Troop 3

Corvus

4 Harpooners

1 Merc XBow

Troop 4

Gakaluth

4 Harpooners

Troop 5

Gakaluth

4 Harpooners

Battle Totem

I used a very similar list, and also found it to be very effective. Mine is also a Neutral/Evil Freelance, but uses only 4 models: Merack, Corvus, Skeletal Harpooners, and Merc x-bows.

Troop 1

Merack w/LMA

Harpooners x5

Merc x-bows x2

Troop 2

Corvus

Harpooners x3

Merc x-bow

Troop 3

Corvus

Harpooners x3

Merc x-bow

Troop 5

Corvus

Harpooners x3

Merc x-bow

Troop 5

Corvus

Harpooners x2

Merc x-bow

Totem

~v

Has anyone experimented with an ALL cavalry force? It's early, I'm on my first cup and I'm the only one who actually made it to a scheduled meeeting on time.. so taking into account all the cool cavalry out there how could I make it legal? Is there a way?

Something like taking that Nefsokar mounted warlord and cavalry cleric...adding in someone like count lorenth as a captain, maybe the chevy captain too, some onyx chevaliers as the really hard hitters, some zephyrs and lion lancers... Some of those neat mounted archers..

Has anyone experimented with an ALL cavalry force? It's early, I'm on my first cup and I'm the only one who actually made it to a scheduled meeeting on time.. so taking into account all the cool cavalry out there how could I make it legal? Is there a way?

Something like taking that Nefsokar mounted warlord and cavalry cleric...adding in someone like count lorenth as a captain, maybe the chevy captain too, some onyx chevaliers as the really hard hitters, some zephyrs and lion lancers... Some of those neat mounted archers..

You'd still have to abide by the Good and Evil don't play nice together rules, so fielding Lancers and Chevies together wouldn't work, but otherwise, I think it would be viable.

Sir Danel, Sir Damon and some Lion's Lancers would make a nasty troop.

Nefsokar Mounted Warlord and some of the Cavalry.

Elven Centaurs.

Bear Riders.

I'd consider bringing the new Reptus Warlord on the dragon as my Warlord though.

Just using the Data Card search for Good/Neutral and Mounted brings up a LOT of good options (21 total). Centaur are not on the list, but really, they are the Elves version of Mounted models, so I would include them. The warriors are pretty unpleasant.

If you go with a Neutral/Evil mix, you have 20 options, and one of them is the new Goblin Warlord. YIPES! You swap out the Bears and Lions Lancers for Death Riders (non-corporeal is fun) and you get Chevies and Beastriders.

Just adding to what Qwyk already said.

The Reptus Brood would be a nice addition to either good or evil. I think if their riding land drakes then they would look better with evil.

Land Drakes, Beast riders, and Chevies oh my!

I am going to start selling off my Necro and Mercs. I'll probably paint them and ebay them in small troops and add the words Warhammer and Mordheim to attract Mordheim players.

I the need funds for an all DHL proxy army. I was going to just use existing stat cards but have decided to tweak them instead. I'll may have three or four new SA's, but probably just two that will be FA's.

The force is halfling based, fluff forthcoming but they have a thing for owls, "The Owl Clan". The FA's will be Sneak, the ability to move through occupied spaces and Scale: the ability to climb over terrain without a movement penalty. They will also have the elf abilities of Fleet of Foot and Woodstrider.

They will be goblin speed. They will have the RA, MA, RAV and MAV of most, nothing special but no nerfing. DV will be higher than most, because being halflings they will be harder to hit, but once hit they are paper like a goblin. They will have high Dis, because I figure a halfling that goes to war is a determined one since they are more of an eat drink and be merry group. I tried to stay with the Tolkien fluff of being fleet footed, stealthy woodsman, generally good natured an adverse to adventure, but the adventurous ones are remarkably disciplined. Great Warriors in a ranged respect and brave when determined.

I added lots of owl units, mushroom men, willow men and wyld men for fluff and lack of models. I could have added gnomes but wanted bare-feet. I did add the two barefooted dwarfs though.

The one area I am having trouble with is I want a Falconer unit but don't really know how they would be used. Possibly as a ranged attack from the bird that would act as a melee attack in that several could target the same model and get support bonuses. I think there are little owl familiars I could use.

Here is my list so far, I am only missing about 7 models or 5 troop types. I figure what Reaper doesn't make D&D does.

The Owl Clan Halflings of the Gaelen Highlands.

WARLORD

00000: Grandmother Willow(She-Ent) w/ Hawkeye Thislewise (Owl King)

LEADERS

Unique Captain

03044: Burl Oakfist, Dwarf Monk

Non-unique Captain

03071: Hellakin Goregutter, Halfling Thief

Unique Sgt.

14047: Dingo, Mercenaries Sergeant

Non-unique Sgt.

02110: Darby Darkleaf

ELITES

Rogue

02545: Fitch, Halfling

Mage

02667: Halfling Wizard

Cleric

02831: Olivia, Halfling

Hero

03108: Azrin, Female Dwarf Barbarian

02526: Owl Bear

GRUNTS

Halfling Slingers

02057: Pip Thistletoe

02100: Trissa Cloverhill

Halfling Warrior

02366: Dar Dimplefoot

02531: Dobbin, Halfling

00000: Willow-wisps (2)

ADEPTS

Halfling Thieves

02058: Elia Shadowfeet

02676: Female Halfling Thief

Halfling Ranger

02109: Puck Piperdale

02769: Woody, Halfling Ranger

Halfling Berserkers

02099: Dar Dimplefoot

02709: Biff, Halfling Monk

Mushroom Men

02679: Mushroom Men

Wyld Men Rangers

02900: Beastmen of the Wyld (3)

00000: Halfling Falconers w/ Owls (2)

00000: Great Owl Riders

SOLO/MONSTER

03041: Mushroom King

02690: Owl Bear

00000: Broadbeak, The Great owl

Here is a list I played the other day... It worked okay, but we had to wrap up early because the game store closed.

Warewolf Warlord

Warewolf Cleric- cure 2

two ragers

Warewolf Capt

three ragers

gurm, ogre capt

yagon oog- 3 fireballs

two ogres

Uru troll capt

two trolls

rager

Nhoolyan hunting beast

Krung beast

Hill giant

The list worked well until the two overlord mages and their four ice storm spells got hold of my solos. I killed most of his grunts and had his hero types and the units he had in the back left when the store closed. I lost the hill giant, the hunting beast, and two ragers.

How many points is that list? I ask because Ragers are adepts.

You could take the Rager out of Uru's troop and add a Minotaur or another troll.

I played a similar Reven army that was all a big troop of Ogres, Hill Giant, rhino and goblins. I personally don't do real well with a lot of bases bigger than standard. But I have a goblin list with 5 hill giants I want to try out.

How many points is that list? I ask because Ragers are adepts.

You could take the Rager out of Uru's troop and add a Minotaur or another troll.

He had Ragers in 3 different troops - Lupine (War)Lord's, Istavan the Capt, and Uru's, so it would need to have been a 3000 point game.

Total build was 1977, so presumably it was a 2000 point game.

He would need to move that Rager out of one of the troops. Uru's would seem the most likely candidate.

With the Rager's points, plus the extra 23, he'd have another 100 points.

A 90 point Brood of Payanak would go nicely.

Minotaur and Burrowing Spawn are both 85 points. Could add a Bless to Corm or Musician to a troop with the leftover change.

A 100 point Lion's Lancer would be perfect, but Yagun Oog is in there, so this is an evil/neutral build

A pair of 50 point Demon Warriors or Ice Demons could work.