Magnificent Egos down for the count?

Crusoe the Painter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give it a couple of days, many a small co. has let their web hosting or domain registration slip.

It's been like that for more than a week with no announcement anywhere that I could find when I noticed. :/

Maya~

i read a thread on ENWorld not long ago where someone claiming to be the webmaster said the webpage would only be up so long as he decided to keep paying the bills on it.. I think that was 3 weeks ago or so.. And he said he hadn't been able to get ahold of the Mag Ego folks for a while.

/ali

This is the registrar provided information:

Domain Name: MAGNIFICENTEGOS.COM

Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

Name Server: NS1.L8T.NET

Name Server: NS2.L8T.NET

Updated Date: 09-feb-2007

Creation Date: 05-feb-2001

Expiration Date: 05-feb-2009

>>> Last update of whois database: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:21:26 UTC <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the

registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is

currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration

date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring

registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to

view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

ME is pretty much dead from what I hear. They have been unable to re-supply their sellers and many Websites like Fantization, The Warstore, and others are dropping them like a bad habbit. They put out some nice stuff and from what I gather they just got the right to all the L5R stuff, I met some of their people at Gen Con and they seemed pretty nice.

The thing is they tried to be a Reaper putting out figures just for RPGs which they might have succeded in had they found a way to lower their prices. I mean if I need a Fighter w/ Sword why am I going to spend 6-6 when I can go to Reaper and spend 3.50 (back when Reaper figs where cheaper!)?

I am sure someone will buy the rights to their figures, but not sure if it will use the ME name.

If they do fold, it will be a pity, I have really enjoyed their figures and have a number of them. I liked the fact that many of them were not cut from your standard mold. But that may have been part of the problem. A lot of people roleplaying are also not necessarily avid collector/painters and most of their figures required significant assembly, which many people do not want to do.

If they are gone, I hope someone picks up the license, or molds, because I'd hate to see them go (and I never got a chance to buy all the ones I wanted)

I just got back from the Gama Trade Show, and a couple ME people were there with the Paizo booth. Their miniatures were in their case, and they still look pretty cool. The best way to contact them now I think might be through Paizo. As I recall, they switched their message baords to Paizo and Paizo carries them in the store. So, perhaps that is the best way to see what's up with ME.

That just means their domain name hasn't expired. It's likely a problem with the monthly bill.

The only thing I was showing was that the domain was renewed in Feb. of 2007 - as you say, no other conclusions can be drawn past that the domain has 2 years left.... found the contact info & it's all Chris's info, so no way to confirm who the webmaster is as per the whois.

I recall their website was never updated anyways + the forums were down as well + I really haven't seen any new minis from them after the big honkin dragon was released.

Hopefully they are still around, right now they are currently my 2nd fav mini company. Teaming with Paizo is a good way to go, but having a actual company forum & site is always better, mainly just for seeing what is coming out or reference (like this one, ha ha)

RM

From http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=107089

"Well, the website being down is not great, but since I haven't had the ability to update it for three months, I guess it's not a huge deal. We will have a new website up, hosted at Paizo sometime this week with new images, product announcements and messageboards.

There have been pretty big issues getting restocks from us over the past couple of months, but I believe that is corrected at this point. To my knowledge, no distributors have dropped us. In fact a few more will be picking us up in the next couple of months. Most of the retailers who carry us have been very patient and are eager to get restocks as well. We are very thankful for their patience and trust. The bottom line is that we have had some troubles, but our demise has been prematurely announced.

Thanks for your support."