Reaper Fantasy Football: Season 3

styates

Stub'

if your not picked as a wild card, you'll go into the loser bracket of the playoffs. I think our playoffs are Weeks 14 through 16, with week 17 our Super Bowl. How you finish in the tourney is how you'll draft next year, with no new people it should be about right this year.

Ugh, crappy weekend for sports for me, get smoked in fantasy ball (1 player scores double digits, but of course refs in AZ are blind), picked the wrong teams (thanks old man Gibbs, I think I hear a retirement chair callin your name) & of course OR loses in OT to their rival Or St (at least they get the Sun Bowl, but it could have been allot better!!)

RM

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If only they had gone for that field goal with 4 1/2 minutes left instead of going for it on 4th and 2 and making the first down...

remember this is the Pats your talking about, heck they even go for it when they are up like 5000 to 7!!!

Mr Bitter in NE :devil:

well at least my starters outscored AZ's bench :rolleyes:

like Rupert, start thinkin about next year now

RM

If only they had gone for that field goal with 4 1/2 minutes left instead of going for it on 4th and 2 and making the first down...

remember this is the Pats your talking about, heck they even go for it when they are up like 5000 to 7!!!

Mr Bitter in NE :devil:

Short Field Goal is automatic points.

Going for it on 4th down gives the opposing defense a chance to stop them.

Personally, I think that is showing more respect by at least giving the other team a chance.

The Pat's offense job is to score points, not make opposing teams feel better about themself. If they don't want the Pats to score 5000 points, instead of woofing about run up scores. Stop them.

All this crying about running up the score is just further evidence of the wussification of football.

I'm actually really happy for the games the last two weeks. You need a couple close wins to give you that kick in the butt so you don't start getting complacent. Thank you Philly and Baltimore. ^_^

Would you be saying that if it was Buffalo doing that to NE in a meaningless game, say Week 17 & Buffalo has the division locked up & has a comfortable lead for home field all the way (like NE has now) & had all their #1 starters still in the game in the 4th quarter? Allot of situations there, but isn't that what NE has been doing so far this year.

Not trying to start a argument, but I just think it's odd that the fan of the team doing it, is all for it, but if the situation was reversed...

RM

I don't mind it either, and I hate the Pats, but Fair Play they're showing everyone they're meeting who is boss. I personally can't wait until the next New England game because I think the Jets will really want to put a stop to this unbeaten run and remind the Pats what Division they're a part of. I know Miami will want to stop the record ... not that they have any hope.

It's only because they cheated earlier in the season that they don't have a loss yet anyway ::P:

I don't think teams should run off the clock when they’ve got the game won just to 'save players' or whatever, I don't like that QBs take it knee at the end of the game. These players should be looking to do the best they can every time they’re on the field, if the starting QB wants to take it knee bring on the youngster from the bench and give him a chance to throw the ball around and make something happen.

What I really don’t like is that this concept is starting to worm its way into football and rugby, too often do you see footballers taking the ball towards the corner flag because if they get tackled they’re still retain possession. And in rugby the tendency of players to just boot the ball in to the stands when the clock goes over is on the increase.

Like Qwyk said, if you don’t like the Pats scoring high, don’t let them, and we’ll see that a week Sunday, watch and learn, the streak ends there ... ::D:

PS As if I can only have 6 RBs!

I just realised I still have something to play for with the 'consolidation ladder' I can give myself a reasonable finnishig position if I win these last three games.

Or do I do an Okaland and come dead last for the purposes of Draft position ...

Nah, I shall finish 11 ... hmm that just doesn't sound impressive no matter how confident you sound.

Problem is, the Pats second stringers are doing the arse whooping too.

And you don't have enough players to do a 100% swap out, so some of the starters have to stay in.

Did I have an issue with Brady staying in during some of the blow outs? Not really, he has a completely new receiving corps and nothing will help that group mesh like in-game full speed practice. Them staying in is part of their preparation for later in the season and playoffs when it really counts. I was a little concerned about a defenive player getting pissed and trying to take him out, but fortunately, the Pats O-line has done a great job of protecting him.

And honestly, I have been a Pats fan for a long long time. I have been subject to many over the top arse whoopings. I didn't like it, but I didn't complain because I could recognize the fact that my team just sucked.

If my team is getting its arse handed to them 42-7, I wouldn't be complaining about the opponent getting so many points as I would my POS defense allowing the points.

Not to mention the Indy game last season showed that ifyou don't keep your foot on your opponent's throat, and keep scoring points until the other team stops you, there is always the chance of the comback. And Indy went to the Superbowl as a result.

Philly and Baltimore learned that over the past two weeks too.

One of the tiebreakers for seeding in the playoffs and for even getting into the playoffs is points scored or points scored against common opponents. Running running plays and pass plays is not running up the score. On-side kicking in the 4th quarter with a lead would be. Running hook and laterals or calling timeout with a second left for another play when you're up by a couple scores, would be. The pats are not doing anything wrong.

Well, it seems I get to play you again this week, Ranz. Didnt pick the right grouping of players last week, maybe I can d it right this time and play a bit of spoiler this week. Look out. Here it comes...

Oompa Loompa

Dippity Do

Sit right down

And hear me clown

Oompa Loompa

Please dont wheeze

Thats just me

Cutting the cheese...