Reaper Fantasy Football: Season 3

styates

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Qwyk, valid points all give you that one, just think Belcheck & the whole organization will look pretty foolish if the Pats are up like 42 to 0 on the Dolphins later this year & Brady get clobbered that it takes him out for the rest of the season. There is wussiciation football & there is smart football after all.

Hey Rupert, you building a med center for all those IRs?? :)

still can't believe I made the playoffs, but the gnomes will walk all over me with just Chester & AP, (Vikes play SF this week), Really can't improve my daft posistion so I think it's anther mid-round selection again......

but on the bright side at least one of my guys isn't getting suspended, ha ha ha & wahoo I got the Bills D (HA HA HA, yes sad when you can cheer for something like that!!)

RM

If the Pats are up 42-0 on the Jets and it's the 4th quarter, I would be stunned if they keep Brady in. That is ideal time for Matt Cassel to get some reps. Plus, it's late enough in the season that they will be looking to give Brady some rest with the playoffs coming.

I;d be pissed too, this late in the season, where the QB and WRs are clearly clicking, if they risked him in such a blow out. Some of the earlier games it made sense. Lately, we've seen Cassel getting more field time when the game has been locked up.

Randy, the Bills D has served me well during several weeks when I opted to rest the Bears.

If the Pats are up 42-0 on the Jets and it's the 4th quarter

You will regret that suggestion in a fortnight ::D:

Well yeah, because by the 4th quarter, it will probably be the Pats winning, 58-6 ::P:

I actually fear the Dolphins ending the winning streak more than any of the other opponents. For some reason, the Fins always seem to play the Pats well, and they will be playing for serious pride at that point as well.

But they need to get by Pittsburgh first, and I am a bit concerned with how well they have been defending against the run. I am expecting to see a 4-3 this weekend so they can stuff the line with some of the big boys.

Well it was either Raiders D vs GB or Cards D vs Sea for me so I had to do something. (now watch both of those Ds score more then the Bills :rolleyes:)

Like I said, more or less just trying to make the score look like a game this week, avg around 50-60 pts a game, so I had to try & improve that.

Speakin of Cassell, how many pass attempts has he had since he got draft? 10? ha ha. Gotta love that backup job.

Well it was either Raiders D vs GB or Cards D vs Sea for me so I had to do something. (now watch both of those Ds score more then the Bills :rolleyes:)

Like I said, more or less just trying to make the score look like a game this week, avg around 50-60 pts a game, so I had to try & improve that.

Speakin of Cassell, how many pass attempts has he had since he got draft? 10? ha ha. Gotta love that backup job.

He's appeared in 14 games since he was drafted by the Pats in 2005 with the 16th pick in the 7th round.

22/39 Passing for 253 Yds, 2 TD, 2 INT

12 rushes for 28 yards, 1 TD, 2 Fumbles.

Large majority of his game appearances it looks like he makes a final appearance at the end of the game to take a knee.

I actually fear the Dolphins ending the winning streak more than any of the other opponents. For some reason, the Fins always seem to play the Pats well, and they will be playing for serious pride at that point as well.

If nothing else they'll be wanting to stop you stealing their unbeaten season, they don't want anyone else to have claim to that.

If nothing else they'll be wanting to stop you stealing their unbeaten season, they don't want anyone else to have claim to that.

I just hope we can manage it, so they can stop trotting out all the old fossils every season a team makes it to 10-0.

How fitting will it be if we go 19-0 while the Fins this season go 0-16. :devil:

Qwyk, valid points all give you that one, just think Belcheck & the whole organization will look pretty foolish if the Pats are up like 42 to 0 on the Dolphins later this year & Brady get clobbered that it takes him out for the rest of the season. There is wussiciation football & there is smart football after all.

Hey Rupert, you building a med center for all those IRs?? :)

still can't believe I made the playoffs, but the gnomes will walk all over me with just Chester & AP, (Vikes play SF this week), Really can't improve my daft posistion so I think it's anther mid-round selection again......

but on the bright side at least one of my guys isn't getting suspended, ha ha ha & wahoo I got the Bills D (HA HA HA, yes sad when you can cheer for something like that!!)

RM

Yea I am really liking the combination of those two now. AP is doing so dang good I would not take him out if you paid me.. then the other side with Chester.. man they are great together. Then there is Randy Moss.. what a hoot. has not had stellar games the last two weeks but he makes defenses cringe when him and Brady get on the field. So with Moss on the field he gives Brady some other guys to go to besides moss.. so there should be points for Moss just FOR that hehe. considering Moss gets all the double and triple coverages :)

I can not believe how well my team is doing this year. AP has done a great job and then Taylor picked it up for AP when he was injured. Everyone can thank The TMKE (Arizona Cardinals) for that trade. :) It was the best trade I could have made and I think that I got the better end of the deal on it :)

I am loving having the Steelers as my D too.. they have done well for me again this year.. not overly awesome numbers but a heck of a lot better then average :)

-jon

Problem is, the Pats second stringers are doing the arse whooping too.

And you don't have enough players to do a 100% swap out, so some of the starters have to stay in.

Did I have an issue with Brady staying in during some of the blow outs? Not really, he has a completely new receiving corps and nothing will help that group mesh like in-game full speed practice. Them staying in is part of their preparation for later in the season and playoffs when it really counts. I was a little concerned about a defenive player getting pissed and trying to take him out, but fortunately, the Pats O-line has done a great job of protecting him.

And honestly, I have been a Pats fan for a long long time. I have been subject to many over the top arse whoopings. I didn't like it, but I didn't complain because I could recognize the fact that my team just sucked.

If my team is getting its arse handed to them 42-7, I wouldn't be complaining about the opponent getting so many points as I would my POS defense allowing the points.

Not to mention the Indy game last season showed that ifyou don't keep your foot on your opponent's throat, and keep scoring points until the other team stops you, there is always the chance of the comback. And Indy went to the Superbowl as a result.

Philly and Baltimore learned that over the past two weeks too.

there is a mixed bag about teams running the score up and even leaving the starters in. While I do not like seeing it happen to my Vikings I would still watch the game and not be mad at the one team doing the scoring but at my team for not stopping them. As Qwik said.. any given sunday the score can be easily reversed with a bad play or two.. and the score can be overcome. To not keep your foot on the loosing teams throat is saying you are not good enough for me to run the score up. I think that by running the score up you are showing MORE respect to them as it is showing them that you respect their ability to score and making it harder by running the points up.

To fail to try is to fail. And you don't let your opponent take a standing 8 count, cos you never know if he'll come back at you and put you on your arse. Go for the kill, keep going for the kill until your opponent is dead and buried and then consider taking your foot off the accelerator. Easing off is to show arrogance and complacency... and besides, football is about toughness. And the tough have the stamina to keep going until the clock runs out and the fat lady's on the second verse! :o) I quite like the Pats, because they're efficient and gutsy at the same time. Who Dares Wins afterall :o)

Miami have been even less lucky than I have this season, and to be honest I think they should have won when they (officially) hosted the Giants (anyone seen sideline footage from that game, cos I'm not even sure Ely flew over). They've lost more close ones than the Raiders, so I wouldn't put it past them to end the Pats' streak. The Steelers could do it, they have a team who can be good enough on a good day, but I honestly don't see it happening - the Pats will have learnt their weaknesses well from having them pointed out twice in as many weeks and come out packing miniguns in full powered armour. Shotgun formation? Nah, artillery battery formation is more what I'm expecting :o) And Brady is one of the new QB's I can see doing it. Now if only the Pats could get LT or AP :oD

Well, it's been one hell of a season for the Blood, what with serious QB issues (damn you to hell Steve McNair!!! :o)) and my inability to pick which defense or WR will be the best bet. Oh well, I'll learn.

Course, loosing so many games cos the Jags'/Panthers' D forgot to show up or the Raven's offense thought the NFL was little league did mean I was expecting the season to be over.... so imagine my shock when I saw I had players locked?!?!?!? :o)

Oh well, I get to pound the Legionnaires again (one of the few teams I beat, instead of 'should have beaten').... probably loose though cos the projections REALLY suck :o)

Even if I come middle of the table, least I beat Rupert. That's better than the Superbowl.... though beating Stuart would have been even better :oP

The Steelers are one of the dangerous teams because they can run and pass quite well. The Pats typically excel at cutting off your strength and then forcing you to play to your weakness. Steelers are pretty well balanced at both, and lately the Pats have been too succeptible to the run, especially now that their middle linebacking corps has taken a few injuries, and it's the old guys having to play more downs than they probably should if you have your druthers.

I expect to see Harrison up in the box quite a lot tomorrow to make sure Parker can't break free, but that means the secondary will be one less against Big Ben, who unfortunately is not looking poorly for the home stretch.

My only hope is that they lost to the Jets and nearly lost to Miami...

My god if the Pats has a top line RB it would be all over. Maroney has been a very sad dissapointment. I don't envision him long in the Blue and Silver.