Reaper Fantasy Football: Season 3

styates

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 8 keepers was the plan, though I personally have never been a fan of that high a % of the roster being kept - in a few seasons it might work out but for right now it might kinda suck.

Since CAV 1st Ed got euthanised I haven't really had a need to come here except fantasy football.... so I'm still up for it. It really does make it more fun :o)

Erm.... since when has ReaperBryan had a fanclub?!?!?! That's like me having a fanclub....

...hmm, I kinda like that idea :oD

Reaperbryan is slowing taking over the world, one internet site at a time!! ha ha

Yah we need to discuss how we are going to do it this year now or about a month before the season starts. I don't want to end with the fustrations like last year. I'm cool with 8 keepers, my team is ragtag anyways, so whatever works

RM

Essentially it is 8 Keepers this season. If you will go back to the beginning of this thread you will find the discussion. The reality is that you will have 8 points, players you keep on your roster will increase 1 point to keep for the next season. So if you keep 8 now you will not be able to keep all 8 of them the following season because those 8 players will all cost 2 points to keep.

We made and voted on that at the beginning of the season so there would not be a question about it now.

Edited by Heisler

And what happens if you don't have 8 keepers you want in your team? Do we do the draft and keep adding rounds for those teams that still need them, till every team has a full roster? Do those points not used carry forwards?

Regardless of what we do I know I am going to end up with a team I like even less than my current one - and that team blows.

Also if any wants to do any trades time to start doing them.

You have 8 points to spend, but that does not mean that you have to spend all 8 points.

If you only keep 4 players thn you only spend 4 points (this go round - since all players are currently only worth one point).

Then that would mean that the following year you would have 12 points to use.

Another option is you can OFFER TRADES FOR POINTS... Not sure how well it will work this year since all players are only worth one point, but later on down the road when players are costing owners more points, they might elect to trade them instead to a new team in return for points to spend, or something like that.

Still haven't heard whether Rylek or Crazy8 are in or not yet, but I guess we'd better decide when to have the draft. Oh, and since CuCulain is out, I guess there should be no objections to Rupert's mate joining in the fun as well. I'm available on any Sunday for drafting and Aug 9 or 23 if we need to go for a Saturday. I'm also available on Tuesdays or Thursdays until August 25.

Everyone put in your input as soon as possible, first real game is on Thursday, September 4. I can't believe that it's actually this close!!