Sign in to follow this  
Remy Soujirou

Missing Out on RC '07...

Just thought I would clarify for those of you not familiar with the odd world of mini-painter customs, habits, and feeding preferences!

Fixed that for you! :lol:

I feel for you Remy, I'm afraid my wife and I aren't going to be able to make it this year either (first reapercon we've missed =P)- I burned up all of my vacation days I've been saving for the last 3 years on staying home with our baby this year - and we are probably going to have to stay home with her during con time this year rather than joining in the festivities - which is really annoying since we even live here in dallas - maybe if we have the time we can swing by for one day of the con if there are tickets on sale at the door so we can show off our kiddo, but even so there is not going to be much in the way of painting or gaming for us

Sure, bring the baby on by! It's never too late to infest its teensy little brain with Geeky Vibes... :;):

And yes, there will be tickets at the door. ::):

--Anne ::D:

And damn you all for getting such cool RC SWAG this year. ::P:

QFT. The shirt and sophie are awesome...I must content myself with the desktop background.

Im fairly new to the painting world and was hoping to make this my first ReaperCon but my wife just had our second child so life has decided to keep me home. But I am looking for someone that would be willing to pick me up a couple of the bottles of skulls that are available at ReaperCon. Someone in the Las Vegas area would be great since that is where I am at, but anyone would work. If anyone can do this please let me know I will be vey greatful. Just drop me a message to let me know how I can contact you and get you payment for them.

Man, that's awful. You'll be missed! I was, believe it or not, looking forward to chatting with you again. Nobody around here understands when I talk about some cool new beastie I found in my reef tank. Oh, yeah, and seeing what you've been painting, too. ::P:

Anne, doesn't Remy need to get a lot creepier if he's going to be one of our Official Stalkers? In my opinion he's too young and cute to be anything stranger than an Official Fanboy. :;):

--Jen

Ooooo, Jen called Remy cute!

Better be careful, I'm sure Remy is an equal opportunity stalk.....er, "fanboy"! :poke:

Remy, as you know I am exactly in the same boat as you this year. Right down to entering the single fantasy category at Kubla. :down: We should be sure to hang together on Sunday at Kubla and make our own little RCon. I was planning on wearing my Warlord shirt anyway. ;)

If you like, you can join me in my traditional KublaCon meal: a tall beer and a blue cheese burger at the pub at the hotel. I know it doesn't compare to hanging out with Marike or Jen, but it's the best I can do. :poke:

Ooooo, Jen called Remy cute!

Well, he's not Amy Brehm cute (or even Derek Schubert pretty) but then again, who else is?

I'm an old married lady with the heart of a crone, so I get to say anything I like. Sort of. ::P:

--Jen

Do you have your cane to whack people with yet, Jen?

And if you are old, what does that make me?

Chalk me up as another one who really wanted to do the con this year but just can't...

@Jen -- got featherdusters? copepods? stomatellas? :D

Ditto. I had wanted to go, even started planning things out last fall. Then I landed in the ER and the bill from that sucked up all my RCON cash so I couldn't go. The bill is paid at least but the best I'm going to be able to do is sit down and perhaps paint some minis? We'll see if I even get time for that as the only day in a week I have an even remote amount of time for such things is a Saturday - I work the rest of the time.

Man, that's awful. You'll be missed! I was, believe it or not, looking forward to chatting with you again. Nobody around here understands when I talk about some cool new beastie I found in my reef tank. Oh, yeah, and seeing what you've been painting, too. ::P:

Anne, doesn't Remy need to get a lot creepier if he's going to be one of our Official Stalkers? In my opinion he's too young and cute to be anything stranger than an Official Fanboy. :;):

--Jen

Stalker? :blink: Fanboy... I can live with that. Guy, girl, monkey, whatever... as long as a mini-painter has über-smooth blends, color sense and artistic flair, sign me up as a fanboy. :poke:

Thanks for the kind words, Jen. Sadly, most of my friends don't share some of my true loves, such as mini-painting and reefing. They think it's cool and respect it, but the second I talk about something as simple as Live Rock or Blending, I might as well be speaking German. They appreciate the final product, but their interest ends there. So, yeah, I know exactly how you feel. It would've been fun to hang out and talk with ya again, not to mention take your painting class.

On that note, how's your reef tank comin' along? IIRC, you got some Puffers last? My reef is dominated with LR and various corals, but my Psychedelic Mandarin and Four-Line Wrasse have been getting along just fine for about two years now. Oh, and if you haven't already, I'd recommend trying red LEDs at night if you really want to see those lil' beasties come out and play. You'd be amazed. I'd love to talk more, but I really don't want to appear like a "Stalker" or anything. It's just so easy to get carried away when most of your friends just have a fleeting interest in your hobbies.

If you like, you can join me in my traditional KublaCon meal: a tall beer and a blue cheese burger at the pub at the hotel. I know it doesn't compare to hanging out with Marike or Jen, but it's the best I can do. :poke:

Sounds like a plan. :upside:

Remy