LOS

Here's a pic. It looks to me like there's LOS between all these models at eye level. In fact, I doubt these models could be repositioned to reliably deny LOS. Certainly moving their bases into contact with each other doesn't close the gap to less than 1/2 inch.

06132_G.jpg

PS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOS isn't blocked presumably, at least for Eye level, but there are models in the direction of the path, so I'd grant the target Light Cover since it's pretty safe to presume that that skeleton blocks at least 25% of most targets. I could get a shot easily between the heads/bodies of those skellies.

If you were using Ground level, the bases would obstruct LOS, but since you only need LOS from one of the methods.

I am thinking that before the Warlord tourney starts, it would be a gerat idea if we could have a quick LOS seminar to be given to us by the Reaper peeps. With several examples.

Otherwise, I see there being constant questions ringing around the room.

Heck, if they would like to post some pictures here before the tourney showing all kinds of examples I would be happy.

Here's a pic. It looks to me like there's LOS between all these models at eye level. In fact, I doubt these models could be repositioned to reliably deny LOS. Certainly moving their bases into contact with each other doesn't close the gap to less than 1/2 inch.

Can I bend their arms so that their swords are horizontal at eye level? (The one on the far right is already pretty close!) That would block an awful lot of width...

Rich

Can I bend their arms so that their swords are horizontal at eye level? (The one on the far right is already pretty close!) That would block an awful lot of width...

Rich

True, but then I can adjust my eye level LOS "to any part of the target Model’s upper area," and look over or under your sword. So that doesn't work either!

PS

True, but then I can adjust my eye level LOS "to any part of the target Model’s upper area," and look over or under your sword. So that doesn't work either!

So to block line of sight, I want a model with a big hat and swords/arms held up within 1/2" of the hat, kind of like a big "W". Or maybe just a big cloak billowing up in a strong wind? Now we all know why Ivar, Gerard, Vysa, etc. wear those contraptions on their backs...

Rich

I have a solution that will solve all of our problems!!

Just ban archers and wizards of any kind!! Make this game all about hand-to-hand! It won't bother me since I field bears, shieldmaidens, halberdiers, and warriors. What else does one need? :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

Great Idea Rich :devil:

Glad I have not put the shields on those Tomb Guard. If I put the shield high :wacko: and at an angle :blink: It should do a good job at that :rolleyes:

anyone see a problem with this?

Yup.

What in heck was wrong with basing it on the base size of the minis, with LOS only blocked if it was completely blocked?

I knew I didn't like something about the new LOS stuff. I think my warriors are going to be getting alligator skin capes with wicker frames to hold them up in the way. I see a lot of conversions in my future. Or maybe we could get some concrete LOS rules.

But all whining aside, I read the LOS stuff to mean that just because a rock or a low fence was in the way of a model's base, it was still possible to shoot it, as long as you could see it at eye level. It would still block LOS to other models. Kind of like all the models had little cubes of blockage surrounding them at the edges of their bases.