Is the locking in place an ongoing effect. If Snorri attacks the Witchqueen from behind and doesn't kill her is she still effectively in Snorri's grasp until he or she die, he breaks free, or an ally of his comes b2b with the Queen allowing her to make a face change. If he grabs her is she his from round to round or is she released the next activation?

Backstab/X works just as it did when it was called Assassin, the only significant difference is that the Combat modifier added to the attack is now set by X, instead of Assassin/Rogue models gaining a +2 while everyone else got +1.

Defender = target model

Attacking = your models

The Defensive Adjustment rules have not changed.

• You enter b2b with the Defender with your Backstab Model, in order to attack. They cannot make a Defensive Adjustment.
  • If you bring in a 2nd Model to attack, that does not have Backstab, the Defender CAN make a Defensive Adjustment at that time. So make sure you bring in at least one supporting allies first if that is your plan.
  • Once the Defender is in b2b with 2 Attacking models, they can no longer make a Defensive Adjustment irregardless.

Once it is the Defender's activation, they can make Attacker Adjustments, leave b2b (if movement isn't blocked by Attacking Models), or whatever they would normally be able to perform.

Thanks.

Specifically what is the chapter and verse that says a model may make facing changes on its turn if it is already in base contact, and does that count as a Move action in itself?

Specifically what is the chapter and verse that says a model may make facing changes on its turn if it is already in base contact, and does that count as a Move action in itself?

It's called an Attacker's Adjust, and no it doesn't count as a Move action. I'm at work, so unfortunately, I can't quote specifics. But, I know you can do it! ^_^

Wild Bill :blues:

In the first printing, it's on page 61, heading Attacker Adjust:

If an Attacking Model begins its Action Phase already in Base-to-

base contact, such as when continuing a Close Combat from

a previous Action Phase, it may make one free facing change.

The Attacker Adjust may not cause any previously established

valid Base-to-base contact to be broken though it can case new

ones. In the event of rectangular bases such as cavalry,

surrounding Models are shifted to allow the Attacker to adjust.

PS

Backstab/X works just as it did when it was called Assassin, the only significant difference is that the Combat modifier added to the attack is now set by X, instead of Assassin/Rogue models gaining a +2 while everyone else got +1.

Defender = target model

Attacking = your models

The Defensive Adjustment rules have not changed.

• You enter b2b with the Defender with your Backstab Model, in order to attack. They cannot make a Defensive Adjustment.
  • If you bring in a 2nd Model to attack, that does not have Backstab, the Defender CAN make a Defensive Adjustment at that time. So make sure you bring in at least one supporting allies first if that is your plan.
  • Once the Defender is in b2b with 2 Attacking models, they can no longer make a Defensive Adjustment irregardless.

Once it is the Defender's activation, they can make Attacker Adjustments, leave b2b (if movement isn't blocked by Attacking Models), or whatever they would normally be able to perform.

Also, Defender Adjust is only allowed when a new model enters B2B.

So if Snorri Backstabs the Witch, then thru the luck of the Draw Deck, goes again before the Queen, he can Backstab her again (provided no other models enter B2B... or as Snorri says "you aren't helping!").

PS

Also, Defender Adjust is only allowed when a new model enters B2B.

So if Snorri Backstabs the Witch, then thru the luck of the Draw Deck, goes again before the Queen, he can Backstab her again (provided no other models enter B2B... or as Snorri says "you aren't helping!").

PS

Yeah, I knew all this stuff. I was kind of hoping the SA continued the grasp from round to round... don't the Crusader's dog pack work that way? Once they have you, you can't break b2b?

I guess I'm wanting a new SA...

Pitbul: The attacker will never let go until one of you are dead.

No, distract reduces #MA and Dis for every Model performing Distract. It is not permanent and does not prevent you from leaving b2b in and of itself. Having all those Models dogpiling on you, however, may prevent you from moving though.

The simplest way to lock a Model in place is to establish b2b contact on opposite sides. A model cannot slide along an enemy base. So, two Models flush: [X][1][X], means Model [1] will not be able to leave until one of those Models [X] is dead.

SA: Pitbull was banned because the Models were not properly trained, and cast to be over aggressive and as a result, several players were severely mauled during a local convention :poke:

I guess I'm wanting a new SA...

Pitbul: The attacker will never let go until one of you are dead.

Berserker does this in reverse. Once they engage, they never let go...

PS