wireless internet at reapercon?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Administrators

We'll have an internet terminal available, and limited access to some hard connections, but as for handing out the wi-fi password for public consumption, that's a negative.

kit

That's understandable.

A little too late to think about this year, but it would be easy to provide wireless for next year. Just watch the sales this year for consumer level wireless routers. I picked one up for $9 that I use as a "travel router" - I take it with me to our annual family thanksgiving get togethers, and our family reunions. We usually have a hard high speed connection, but no wireless, so I set it up temporarily for my family to use. I've seen wireless routers for free after rebates, too.

So if you pick one of these sometimes absurdly cheap routers, then when RC08 comes around, you just plug that into one of your hard connections, hand out the password to it and when the con's done, unplug it and put it away till next year. Sure, it might not be a great connection, but it's seperate from the company connection, and makes you look like good guys. Ok, not good guys - even better guys!

Just a thought.

So long as we have our laptop, the cameras, and the flash drive, we're good. No need for wireless. Our email is gmail mostly, so that's easily checked.

Besides, I plan on spending my time painting and socializing, not networking or playing CoH. :rolleyes:

• Super Administrators

You have wireless. Look for an unsecured network called reapercon.

Don't do any banking, 'k?

• Super Administrators
Hmmm...paint? Or play WoW? or even LOTRO?

Bog down my network, bucko, and I'll start banning MAC addresses. :;):

Hmmm...paint? Or play WoW? or even LOTRO?

Bog down my network, bucko, and I'll start banning MAC addresses. :;):

Yeah, don't you remember - only kit's allowed to bog down the network. He doesn't want your WoW game to interfere with his! :lol: