Reich of the Dead

Ok,

I am giddy about this. Seriously.

I can't friggin wait. Soon is not soon enough.

I also want a copy of the poster they have in the first picture. That is fantastic!

*does a giddy dance*

http://www.reapermini.com/reapercon#Photos/

How friggin' sweet is that Reichstag?

Scenery piece -

2.jpg

Photograph I need to add zombies to

1945my02%20BRL%20Reichstag%20shattered.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is all this "Reich of the Dead" stuff about? :huh:

A rage game, chock full o' Nazi Zombies - the one thing that makes any good game better.

Honestly - what game can't be improved by nazi zombies?

Civil war? Nazi zombies and a time machine. ;)

Monopoly? Oh most definately.

Twister? Well.. maybe not twister.

Coed Naked Nazi Zombie Twister. I'm so all over that trademark. Watch for my new game company to explode!

Seriously though, I sat in for a demo of it this evening, and had a blast. It was Nazi Zombies *everywhere*! My poor little Russian soldier was so hosed... but it was still way fun. ::):

~v

Seriously though, I sat in for a demo of it this evening, and had a blast. It was Nazi Zombies *everywhere*! My poor little Russian soldier was so hosed... but it was still way fun. ::):

Well that sounds intriguing... are we talking slow, shuffle around the nursing home zombies or fast like a puma zombies?

In the game that inspired "Reich of the Dead" by Dave (I'm blanking on the last name), the zombies are relatively slow and decidedly unthinking: they move 5" each turn towards the nearest human. Compare that with a human's 6" move (but a human can double move if they don't attack).

In the little fluff printout written as an army communique that Ed (I think) printed, the zombies are reported to communicate and think. No mention about how fast that they move.

The original game is lots of fun. There's a photo of us playing, and I'm caught in mid laugh because my rifleman and slidedog's sub-machine gunner just got swarmed by 14 zombies in between two buildings due to a grenade that killed 4 zombies but then attracted 4-5 more and a lost initiative (1 in 6 chance to lose initiative). Ooops... :lol:

Ron

PS: Some of us even got "Reich of the Dead" t-shirts. :B):

What minis were you using? Any idea?

Sorry, I don't know, and I forgot to ask today.

I think that most of the zombie minis were basic plastic zombie minis from one of the "attack of the zombies" games that are out right now.

Ron

In the game that inspired "Reich of the Dead" by Dave (I'm blanking on the last name), the zombies are relatively slow and decidedly unthinking: they move 5" each turn towards the nearest human. Compare that with a human's 6" move (but a human can double move if they don't attack).

Dave Bennett, a fine gentleman quite often coming up with great ideas for the Lone Star Historical Miniatures group in Austin and one of the movers and shakers of MillenniumCon