DHL #3078 Pearl, "Betta" version 1.0

Nissiana

I agree. I also like using the Beta colors.

My only concern is how grainy your paint looks on the face. Was your primer giving you a problem or was the paint not thinning for you enough?

Enchantra: I started her several months ago, so to be honest I don't recall the condition of the primer--especially since I'm pretty sure Sanael primed this one and I swiped her from his shelf (with permission, of course ::P: ). I basecoated her and did the striping and then she sat on my shelf for months. Back when I put down the basecoat on the face, I was having a lot of trouble thinning my flesh tones, so I wound up putting it on a bit thick. Since the basecoat was the problem, I don't know what I could have done to smooth out the texture without stripping it, and I was happy with everything I'd done so far except for the grainy texture, so I decided to live with it. I've gotten better at thinning the paints with the practice I've had since starting her, and I've been much happier with skin tones on the last few minis that I've worked on.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

--especially since I'm pretty sure Sanael primed this one and I swiped her from his shelf (with permission, of course ::P: ).

"With Permission," she calls it...harrumph. <_<

Actually, I primed her after she was swiped from my shelf. Since I'm such a nice guy. I'm pleased to report that, in the intervening months, Nissiana has since learned how to prime her own minis! :lol:

What you guys can't see in these photos is how much Pearl really pops on the shelf, here. In the hand, this mini is absolutely spectacular...the blue veining truly looks irridescent.

What you guys can't see in these photos is how much Pearl really pops on the shelf, here. In the hand, this mini is absolutely spectacular...the blue veining truly looks irridescent.

That's my favorite part! The pearly centers of the blue areas are what sell this and really catch my eye. Wonderful paint-up!

-AW