So, what did you get at ReaperCon?

Tannhauser

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The suitcase went through airport weigh in just fine on the trip down, but it was deemed "Over Weight" on the return trip. It had heavy stickers on it and looked like it had been searched.

I just spent way too much on everything. paints, models, swag... and let's not forget the boneyard! I went positively nuts in there! I do believe that was almost the coolest thing about the trip for me...... Almost. :poke:

Congrats Rastel on your new undead minions & Newt on your new paints! WOOHOO!

In addition to a serious plan to attend R-Con 2008, enter in next year's painting contest, and paint the ~12 lbs of unpainted minis I already have (I'm not joking), I got:

- A shiny new porcelain palate

- A new set of diamond needle files

- Some MSP Flow Improver & Brush On Sealer (i.e. Matte Medium)... newly discovered substances for me!

- About 30 weapons for conversions that I paid about $3 for... NICE!

- A bamboo paint bursh mat/carrying-case

- My first four speed painted minis (thanks Dancin'Debby!)... my name is Zair, and I'm a Speed Paint addict...

- One mini on which I sculped hair, beard, and a helmet crest... and the confidence to at least attempt to sculpt just about anything, thanks Julie Guthrie!

- Three minis with progressively better paint jobs (I painted on on Thursday, one on Fridan, and one on Saturday)... and a burning desire to improve my painting skills!

Thanks more than I can say to John "Goldeneagle" Bonnot, Liliana Troy, Phillip "Flinn" Esterle, and Julie Guthrie for all the info in the classes, and the confidence to take my skills to the next level! Thanks also to everyone I painted with over the past few days for your helpful critique and for putting up with my not-so-modest :rolleyes: excitement at my own improvement. I really did not think I could learn so much in so short a time!

Sincerely,

Gabe "Zair" Taylor

The suitcase went through airport weigh in just fine on the trip down, but it was deemed "Over Weight" on the return trip. It had heavy stickers on it and looked like it had been searched.

I just spent way too much on everything. paints, models, swag... and let's not forget the boneyard! I went positively nuts in there! I do believe that was almost the coolest thing about the trip for me...... Almost. :poke:

I know that a gold sophie doesn't really weigh all that much, so it must have been all of the pewter that you bought.

Next time, bring an extra suitcase. No one has told you about the suitcase inside the suitcase trick?

I know that a gold sophie doesn't really weigh all that much, so it must have been all of the pewter that you bought.

Next time, bring an extra suitcase. No one has told you about the suitcase inside the suitcase trick?

I know about that trick, sure, even packed a small xtra bag for purchases. Small cause I was anticipating being a "good girl" and not buying so much. I seriously never dreamed that i would be bringing anything else home. It just wasn't even something to consider.

But you're crazy if you think I put the sophie in checked baggage! I made sure to keep that puppy and my GQ with me as carry ons. I'm still numb. :huh:

But you're crazy if you think I put the sophie in checked baggage! I made sure to keep that puppy and my GQ with me as carry ons. I'm still numb. :huh:

Congrats on your trophy ML! That was a sweet little diaroma (if you can call a ghoul queen sweet). Maybe next year you'll consider speed painting a round?

debby :blush:

Congrats on your trophy ML! That was a sweet little diaroma (if you can call a ghoul queen sweet). Maybe next year you'll consider speed painting a round?

debby :blush:

I'll think about it, but I'm not real good under pressure. I think my Hubby Jeff does alot better in speed painting than I could ever hope to!

And thanks for the congrats. Everyone at Reapercon made me feel so welcome. I felt like I was a part of something. It gives me warm fuzzies!

Group hug!

Thanks to all who encouraged me, and even to those who bullied me a little. I guess I needed it!

Okay, the booty list-

The Court of Abyst boxed set

Cinder the Dragon

DHL minis-

2972- Ishara Snowfinch

2551- Monique Denoir

2725- Alaine, Female Paladin

2632- Jahenna, Female Vampire

2605- Ulthalokh the Unclean

3160- Krass Omenthrall

3170- Lurien, ghost

3182- Demonic wings

3173- Lirris, Demon, & 3184- Varessh, Female Demon, both of which I didn't realize came with the Abyst set, but oh well, extras.

2 packs of 6055- Men at Arms of Malvernis, army packs

6019- Black Legionnaires army pack

2610- Black Legionnaire Sphinx

3117- Black Legionnaire Captain

3116- Black Legionnaire w/crossbow

2720- Inquisitor of Malvernis

(Yes, I like the Black Legionnaires and all things Malvernis)

Pro Paints-

Maroon

Granite

New bottles of Walnut, Woodland Brown, Armor Grey and Oiled Leather to replace the ones I've had for years.

MSPs-

True Blue triad and Breonne blue to do CAV cockpits the way Spatula showed me (Thanks Kyle!)

Blood Red triad

9720- Bone Colors triad

Clear Yellow

Clear Red

Buckskin Pale

Ghost White

2 packs of empty MSP bottles

Bits-

Abyst's new wings

The Vampire from Crypt of the Vampiress

Siobhana from 3150 Vampiress and Servant

Urban Legend Cowgirl

Reich of the Dead shirt

New green DHL shirt

The goodies in the con packet

2 packs of CAV playing cards won in the auction

Bronze Sophie for the CAV category in the paint contest.

I think that's all of it. I spent way too much money.

And I think I need a bigger paint box now.

Oh yeah, and a can of Dullcote

I got...

-Bronze Sophie (Reaper Staff category)

-19 minis painted

-2 painted minis from other people

-1 game Full Thrust

-More bits than I can shake a stick at

-Ditto minis

-Searched twice by TSA.

-Bob Ridolfi took my class and I took his

-Enough Sonic to last me a while.

-1 game Full Thrust

Thanks for the game by the way Froggy.

Y'know, it's funny. Other than the CAV demo I ran in the Asylum, I didn't play in a single Reaper game all 4 days.

1 game of Full Thrust with Froggy and Jimbo Burrell, 1 game of Dave Bennett's Reich of the Dead, and1 game of Panzer Blitz with Steve Page.

Let's see,

I got:

- to hang out with great people

- play more games of CAV than I have in the last 9 or so months

- to play my first game of Warlord ever (got an impromptu demo)

- to help introduce CAV2 to a couple people

- a blister each of Nomads, Malefactors, Tsukais, a Regent, and a Gladiator II

- The Overlords starter box (wanted to get Matisse, but he was out of stock on the wall and I didn't have time to find one or get one cast)

- Kharg for my still unassembled Reven

- two extra con Sophies

- A few MSP triads and Black primer (to be mixed with white primer at a later date)

- to help figure out how to assemble Castlebuilder's awesome dungeon pieces into something that resembled a playable dungeon for the crawl

- to split a room with a great guy who also happens to hail from not to far from my hometown

- more chili cheese footlongs than my digestive system could really handle

- a very generous gift of CAV art, thanks again Kyle

- a couple T-shirts

- a miniature started on Wednesday and entered in to the painting contest on Saturday.

- my butt kicked in the CAV tournament

- and an Emperor destroyed by a lucky critical hit from the machine gun on a Nomad. (Go ahead and laugh Chris, won't hurt my feelings)

- plenty of pictures (to be posted Soon )

I got:

Not nearly enough sleep!

An opportunity to learn casting (and finish casting the project Jester minis)

POUNDS of bits (thanks to trade in)

a dragon for my DM

the full MSP line in the auction-so I had to go through the back door and get it in 2 parts, but I still did. THANKS to LOTS of generous people who handed me their hard earned bucks.

time to play with my friends

a LOT of laughing

a dice roller made by Castlebuilder

Freebooter minis

TONS of swag

gifts for friends

<q>I wonder if they could get Subway to cater next year? </q>

Or Schlotsky's. They were close, too, and we ended up running up there almost every day for lunch. They do sandwiches, pizza, salads, soup...

We brought home:

-- extra Reapercon Sophies

-- Urban Legend Sophies

-- golden skin paint triad

-- about a pound of bits traded

-- random minis from classes

-- random minis from speed paint

-- random minis from paint and take

-- Blightfang, from the auction

-- the new catalog

-- extra catalogs for friends who try to steal ours

-- tons of tips on sculpting

-- tons of ideas for painting

-- an armature that was actually touched by Julie Guthrie

-- a strong desire to come back next year

And now I'm going to go fondle all my new lead and try and fight off a case of Post-Convention Syndrome.

Okay, a definative list, but I'm not sure I can remember it all...

• A basic sculpting kit (SD also got one).
  • Various minis including, but not limited to: Hippocampus, five baby Cthulhus, extra angel wings for doing conversions, several bits for doing conversions. I know I got more but I just can't recall them all at this moment.
  • Some diamond files.
  • Drill bits for my dremel.
  • Warlord t-shirt.
  • Master Series Brush-On primer (we can never find it here).
  • A hand sculpted back on my Elven Queen by Sandra Garritty (she is the nicest person ever!)
  • Some lovely Hirst Arts bits from the Take Me box. I *will* make the spider-legged goatskull!

There's more. I know there's more. I just can't remember. I spent a lot of money, more than I intended to. While I bought a lot of food, I know my first pass at the Asylum was over $100. Subsequent passes were less, but still added up. There were some minis I kept going back and forth and waffling over buying, then ended up not getting, but I really considered it. Some I even got as far as up to the register, but not quite to ringing out, when I changed my mind.

I showed up with a total of 5 pounds of pewter to exchange. Yes, you heard me: 5 pounds. :devil:

Granted, 2 pounds of it was for a friend that was not able to make it down, but still. What was scary was the fact that nine Thorvald Clawhelms weigh approximately 2 pounds!! :blink:

I walked out with so much stuff I felt like I was stealing. I couldn't begin to write it all out! Thanks Reaper for being so generous!

Wild Bill :blues: