Thank You To All

EdPugh

• Reaper User

Another ReaperCon has come to an end and for me Thursday seems like 10 minutes ago!

It was awesome to see and catch up with everyone. From everyone here at Reaper thank you for coming and safe travels home!

Till next year~

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another ReaperCon has come to an end and for me Thursday seems like 10 minutes ago!

It was awesome to see and catch up with everyone. From everyone here at Reaper thank you for coming and safe travels home!

Till next year~

It seemed to fly by for me too and was over wayyyy too soon! Thank you for having us!

Till next year ::):

Ed,

Being older than dirt and a veteran of most of the old Dallas Cons and Dal Cons I know just how much work it is to prepare, schedule, and run these cons. I am just sorry that I could only attend for one day. However, I will attend all 4 days next year. I had great fun playing the Reaper Life game and really learned a lot from the two painting classes I took. I am in such awe of some of the famous painters you are able to get to come to your con like Ms. Troy. I hope my miniature that I plan on painting for next years contest shows that I learned something from her. Thank you guys for all your hard work and all the support you provide for your games. It makes all the difference in the world.

Sincerely,

Michael Fredde :ph34r:

Ed and Crew,

For me, ReaperCon is not just another con. It's not just getting with the top people in the industry to learn things from them. It's so much more. It's getting together with the rest of my family to hang out, laugh, and enjoy life. ReaperBryan asked if Steven Page and Spike were going to GenCon, and when he got a negative, Bryan said "Well, if you're going to go to a con, this is the one to go to." He's right, and we were all in agreement. Sure, the larger cons are fun, with tons and tons to do, but they're also a bit impersonal.

At ReaperCon, your idol of twenty years will be wandering by, see you, and then sit down and chat for a few minutes, like Sandra did with me. I've learned so much from her and the other sculptors and the master painters that I feel like it's nearly impossible to absorb it all.

One of the greatest things this year was Jason Wiebe's class. Me and four others were just getting into it, when one of them mentioned an FLGS local to my husband and I. Suddenly this group of strangers were no longer strangers, but friends and people we could get together with back in Austin.

Getting the chance to see old faces, meet new ones, and reconnect with the ReaperStaff is indescribable. What started as a a couple of fans asking Reaper on a newly born forum to host a possible catastrophe has become, in my opinion, one of the greatest achievements of Reaper. You're not just a supplier of minis and paints to many of us, but our extended family. Thank you, for the wonderful minis, for the awesome paints, the great games, and for allowing us all into your home for a few days of fun and frolic.

And thank you, Reaper, for being the best mini company on the planet.

Ary

(maybe next time we get to come I'll have something for the paint contest!)

Edit: I want to add one thing. Qwyk, you were missed this year. *hug*

Well for me it has been a blast ! Met lots of lovely people . :wub: Bought way too much metal , T-shirts and got a ton of swag , but its all great . :wacko: Learnt a lot from all the classes I took and a special thanks to Amy for her "Faces and Eyes" class , I am so stoked about how mine turned out , the result was fantastic ! :blink::wub: Another mention to Anne for all her helpful hints as well . To the guys in the 2 tourneys , you were great and it was great to play different opponents to my usual crowd . ::): Leaving for LA today and for Aussieland and a couple after that , so thanks to everyone and you are really a great bunch of guys and gals , and if you are ever in the neighbourhood , look me up and I'll show you around (if I've got the time ::D: ) .

See ya , Brushmaster ! :poke:

It was nice seeing a lot of familiar faces, and meeting some new ones. But time flew so fast I feel I barely got to say hello and goodbye to some of the folks. Aside from that, it was a great ReaperCon as usual.

And I'll echo Ary and say, we missed Qwyk.

I second Vince's statement. I left there feeling like I was stealing from you with all of the stuff I received!! I know I had a great time meeting everyone and playing in the Warlord tournament. Next time, I think Unglef and I are going to see if we can finish a round in under 30 minutes instead of 35!! :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

I've been to a number of Cons, and this was by far the most rewarding! I really can't believe how much I learned from all the classes and speed painting and just talking with all the folks there. Thank you all!

Well, I got home last night, and started the ReaperCon detox process. I'm still suffering from the shakes. :lol:

Thanks to Ed and everyone else at Reaper. I had a great time playing games, checking out all the cool minis, and just sitting around talking with everyone from the boards. Now to see when I can make the trip up there again...

It's gonna take a while to get all the Sonic out of my system.

I think I need to live on salads and bran muffins for about a week.

Amen to that! Not that I'm not eternally grateful for ReaperPeeps arranging for catering and SonicMike being there and bringing in his crew and putting up with me heckling speed painters for 4 days, because I am. But there's only so many tatertots a person can eat (never knew this was possible, but indeed it is). I don't want to see another tater tot again (until next year, that is :blush: )

Reaper Rocks!!

debby ::D:

You guys are the best! Kudos to your staff for being so welcoming and helpful, they are a great bunch. The Con is a lot to arrange and everybody did a wonderful job, already planning for next year... about 364 days to go!

One thing that has not been mentioned yet... Thank you very much for adding the Thrusday (and Wednesday night for that matter) into the mix. It made the weekend seem soooooo much more relaxed. I could take classes, play in both tourneys, and still have time to do about 4 crawls, 2 games of Reaper Life (by the way that reaper life ROCKED!!!), a couple demos of that Zombie run, participate in the artist fun draw, listen to Tim Talin talk about his process for coming u pwith and drawing all these wonderful models that we like to paint, sit down and have individual conversations with a half dozen different artists and sculptors whether it be related to the models or not, and participate in the Auction for the first time in the three years I have been there.

That does not even include the whirl wind of painting that I tried to fit in between all that stuff listed above.

Last year I could not do half of those above because ofthe time crunch. This year was soooo much better.

We had 12 CAV players compared to like 8 last time, and 19 warlord players compared to like 12 last time. Enough to cause heart attacks for the organizers trying to get tables prepared, but awesome from the players view in terms of the huge variety of style and build.

Had a BLAST!!!

Only thing I regret is that I was so tired by the time I left each night (average departure time each night was after 12:30 in the morning) that I never did go and partake in the growingly legendary shinercon gathering.