Reich of the Dead Demos

DontFearDaReaper

I want to thank all the folks who played in the Reich of the Dead demo's I ran at the con. The games were a lot of fun and I got a lot of very useful feedback for taking the game to the next level. The Reaper folks are interested in developing the idea so hopefully next year you'll see me back running a full-fledged Reaper game.

I took a number of pictures at the con, I'll try and get them posted up tonight.

Dave

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that was a demo of a real future game until Sunday when someone mentioned it offhandedly.

Sorry, I would have jumped in and tossed in my 2pbs.

-Newt

No worries Newt. I'll be running it again in November at Millenniumcon in Austin http://www.millenniumcon.com

Wander on up/down to the con and you can give me your 2pbs then :devil:

By the by, Reaper is planning to be at Millennium again this year and I have made contact with the BL folks to insure there are plenty of Warlord/CAV games at the con as well.

Dave

I had a grand time as well. Of course, it helped that slidedog and I finally got the hint and started working together properly.

Getting mobbed in between 2 buildings by 14 zombies after the grenade mishap and the lost initiative was also amusing.

Something else amusing was that two different Sonic carhop gals (on roller skates) both ended up playing the game (on different days) and having a fun time. I still think that you should have given them an extra inch of movement for the roller skates. :;):

Thanks for bringing the game!

Ron

I didn't realize that was a demo of a real future game until Sunday when someone mentioned it offhandedly.

Sorry, I would have jumped in and tossed in my 2pbs.

-Newt

No worries Newt. I'll be running it again in November at Millenniumcon in Austin http://www.millenniumcon.com

Wander on up/down to the con and you can give me your 2pbs then :devil:

By the by, Reaper is planning to be at Millennium again this year and I have made contact with the BL folks to insure there are plenty of Warlord/CAV games at the con as well.

Dave

Sweet! Now Y'all are giving me reason to attend Milleniumcon since it is in my backyard. I've been thinking over the last few days about ways to up the scale from 1/72 to 25mm. There is a store here in Austin that sells historicals exclusively and I can get 25mm WWII minis. Then I was thinking of using GW plastic Zombies as a base to create WWII Zombie Germans, or Zombify the 25mm minis. We'll see what happens.

I was a bit lost in the game I played but what I played was fun. I think this type of game would do well in my area, so hoping that it gets made into a full fledge game in the near future.

love looking into the game to see the massive hoard of zombie minis & seeing only 1 or 2 player pieces around.

Also awesome work to whoever built the terrain for that setup, that right there was enough to get my interest.

RM