Sign in to follow this  
Michael-TLH

Army packs

I would like to see more "fodder" figs too. As for cutting figures for modification. I will start a new topic in the advice area, were others can get in on it. Some may not be following this topic and will be unable to add thier advice!

Lady Tam

I would like to see more of reapers templar knights, perhaps including, squires, foot soldiers, mounted knights, and standard bearers (different to the one they have already releady released).

I would definately like to see more variations in the packs.

Perhaps they could release special units, designed for a specific army, like the court of the abyst, the pirates of the dragonspine sea, or the gaurdians of the heavens, boxed sets.

Uhm....

What about that boneyard they talked about some time ago??

I was thinking that if I choose four old individual minis, say four or five dwarves, they would charge for an army blister...

(hint.... hint.... :)

But, I could be wrong.

:p

I dont know if they are .But we seem to have questions that are not being answered.I know we sound like pests but if there is to be a public forum thene these questions will be asked till answered.I know reaper are very busy getting suff on the shelfs but with a web page there is a responsability to post upcomming and new releses before they hit shelfs.am i write on this or ???????or what.anyways being a pest is just couse i love those bleep minis.That frost giant is amazing and for 17 bucks canadian that is a steal.but like i said i had got it from my store before i had heard anything on this sight???? ???  ???

Back to the Army packs:

Ten to twelve figures would probably be the ideal. Two of each pose would allow some flexibility. Any more figures would produce a high price point. Any less, you could buy the four packs.

Try to be patient with Kit and the gang. With convention season, and the "Reaper Bug" they mentioned, the good news is new figures are hitting the shelves, even if they are a "surprise".

Army Pack I Wanna: BladeMaidens of Ritterlich. All women, all platemail, all kick... uh... bottom....

I much prefer my warrior women in highly unrealistic platemail than highly unrealistic nudity- I can't help but think that getting leered at by a troll would be disturbing- and honestly, if you're expecting (heavily armed) company, would you wear a midrif-top?

Bonus: add pointy ears and BAMM! They're deadly Darkelf (or even non-prissy vanila elf) she-fighters. Mmmm... deadly dark elf she-fighters....

sdnelson:  AAAAAAAA!

And for the rest of you, there's a "Bag o' Zombies" that you can get for the Zombies! game, that contains about 100ish glow in the dark zombie figs, for about $30ish.

It's not a reaper mini, but hey, it's applicable.

Smoking wreckage, I'm with you.

If a mini is wearing a chainmail bikini, she's either a very recent victim of a particularly diabolical "polymorph any object spell" or she found an intelligent +15 chainmail bikini with enough ego points to convince her that she's protected well enouch she doesn't even need linen trousers to keep off the nettles...

More to the point of this thread, however...

Bugbears & gnolls are tough enough that high level characters usually can't laugh them off, but weak enough that you still might need a lot of them. But, despite getting their strength from numbers, you can't get the darn creatures in numbers! These two species are ripe for an army pack (real army pack, like someone said, 10-12 would be perfect)

I'd buy 10-12 gnolls for sure, probably bugbears too.

Not really dead-on topic, but who cares!

Is it just me, or is there not enough gnolls out there.. not just Reaper.. but no one makes gnoll minis..

Oh.. thought.. is it a copyrighted D&D monster??

I just assume everything is historical fantasy.. I forget that some things are company specific..

I didn't hear of gnolls until I started playing D&D, but they are similar to some egyptian ideas of beast people...

In fact, crocodile games makes some minis that work great for egyptian style gnolls. I'm planning on buying a small army of them as soon as they're a little more diversified.

Unless, of course, reaper comes out with a gnoll army pack first.

I've never quite figured out what gnolls are, even when I see pictures.  I keep confusing them with knolls, which, according to Dictionary.com, is: "A small rounded hill or mound; a hillock."

So, whenever I think of a gnoll, what I think of is:  "A small rounded grassy hyena with a big sword; a pillock".

Doesn't help, I know.

Wizards of the Coast makes a lot of gnolls for its Chainmail line, though they're outrageously expensive for my tastes. †Also, there are no good "packs" for them, which typically are cheaper/mini. †Plus they also typically only have one pose/model - that is, 1 gnoll with sword, 1 gnoll with spear, 1 gnoll with axe, or what have you. †I much prefer most of my army to have similar weapons - 3 spears, 5 swords, 10 axes - and a variety of poses among those. †

So how's about it then? †Bugbear and gnoll army packs?

I've heard that Wizards is aiming for another mini game since they cancelled Chainmail ... maybe Reaper could beat them to market?