I got lucky last night.

Jordahn

Guess what wifey and I did last night...

We walked into Lion & Unicorn in Hoover, AL, USA, and bought $30.65 (w/out tax) worth Reaper minis for only $18.79 including tax. I was kind of like a buy one get one free sale for discontinued minis. I picked up:

2068 Lucrella Lich Queen

2082 Angus Stormhand

2083 Queen Shanon Stormhand

2094 Pillars of Good & Evil

2136 Rafael Maladoni

2285 Osvick Strick

The way the sale worked was that for every mini you bought you may choose another one equal or less than in value for free. I thought the store owner was going to charge me for the most expensive half of the six. Instead, he paired the minis by comparable prices. The end result was that I saved just over a dollar from if he had charged me from what I orginally had thought, but he was nice enough to give me the best deal possible.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job on the bargain finding Jordhan!  Could you post a pic of 2285 Osvick Strick when you get a chance?  That one doens't sound familiar at all, and there's no pic of him in the catalogue anywhere that I can find.

That was nice of him!  I was on a project in Birmingham for about a year & a half and made several trips to the Lion & the Unicorn.  For the time I was there they were easily my FNSLGS.  Glad to hear they're still doing good business & doing right by their customers!

Morg - here's a link to a not so well painted Osvick.  I converted him to suit a PC by trimming off a battle axe he had raised and putting a spear in his hands.  He was holding up a single blade battle axe that looked a lot like a woodsman's axe.

He's now part of one of the Kjord DHA packs. yours looks good to me BP.

Jordahn, is Homewood Toy and Hobbies still around by any chance? They were the Only Local Game Shop when I lived in Birmingham in the eighties.

Sorry. Never heard of of that shop so I would assume that it's out of business. The ones I know for sure are Lion & Unicorn, Captain Comic, and Empire Comics. And just to let you know, my first time shopping in Birmingham was just less than 3 years ago

I'm sorry. This is going to be off-topic.

I just wanted express a delightful sense of relief. I have participated on other forum-boards where the title of this post would have not only gotten the thread locked and banished, but would have elicited a stern PC slapping from members of the community and moderators.

Now I understand the need for some guidelines, if only for courtesy's sake, but some take it too far.

What a breath of fresh air you folks are. Thanks. I was dreading opening Jordahn's post in fear of reading someone's condemnation of the title.

Rock on, Reaper People.

I'm sorry. This is going to be off-topic.

I just wanted express a delightful sense of relief. I have participated on other forum-boards where the title of this post would have not only gotten the thread locked and banished, but would have elicited a stern PC slapping from members of the community and moderators.

Now I understand the need for some guidelines, if only for courtesy's sake, but some take it too far.

What a breath of fresh air you folks are. Thanks. I was dreading opening Jordahn's post in fear of reading someone's condemnation of the title.

Rock on, Reaper People.

You will soon find that this site is like no other...

There's no massive spamming (although we do tend to go off topic onto 18th century European lace...)  :oo:

There's no (or so little I never see it) severe belittling or critisism of each other (we're all friends here and behave like adults, even if we aren't)   :D

And while some things may be tongue-in-cheek, and while we might say some things that could be taken in some ways as risque, we're all mature enough to not force it into being that way or harp on it. We accept the title and context of the message as it is (which is as it should be).  :;):

Lastly, Kit is so good at his job, and we respect him and the other people at Reaper so much, that we don't DARE start a flame war because we all know what will happen...  :oops:

This place is a breath of fresh air after some other major RPG sites by some of the larger corporations (and even the smaller people) out there. That's why I still come back here.  :love:

I think everyone who posts on here is one awesome person.

...  Lastly, Kit is so good at his job, and we respect him and the other people at Reaper so much, that we don't DARE start a flame war because we all know what will happen...  :oops:

I think between the BONK! Hypnotoad, and now Trogador the Burnanator, there's ample "Monsters in the Closet" to keep the dogs at bay.

Imagine gettinging BONKED!, Hpnotoaded and Burnanated all at once!  "POKEMON WORLD WIND ATTACK NOW!"

Man, that would hurt.