Origins 2007 Warlord Tournament

General Tournament Procedure:

Games will be 1 on 1, 1501pt (yup Warlord required), 120 minute timed scenario games, with last turn and count up called the 110 minute mark. We'll random draw table placement. The scenarios & maps will be what was used at REAPERCON 2007. Everyone will be playing 5 games drop lowest one score.

Time slots will be as follows;

Thursday 10am for 8 players

Thursday 12pm for 8 players

Thursday 2pm for 8 players

Thursday 4pm for 8 players

Thursday 6pm for 8 players

Thursday 8pm for 8 players

Thursday 10pm for 8 players

Friday 10am for 8 players

Friday 12pm for 8 players

Friday 2pm for 8 players

Players must submit army lists ahead of time, an alternate army list is optional. Bring 2 copies of your list(s), one for the judges to file, one to play with. Which means you may bring 2 lists and decide before each round which list you will use for that round. The decision is to be given to the judges before anyone is assigned an opponent.

Click Here For The Origins Army List Sheet

Army Lists will be accepted in person, on site only. Two copies of each list are required, one for our files, one for your game use. Both copies must match, we will be stamping them verified.

We will begin accepting Army lists at 12pm on Wednesday at the tournament area.

Deadline for submitting Army List is 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of that tournament.

Prizes will be awarded for 1st , 2nd and 3rd place finishers. Winners will be announced and prizes handed out on Friday at 5pm in the tournament area.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sort of format seems a little anti-climatic. Am I right in that you play 5 games and record your scores but never have any sort of head to head with the final two or final four or anything? I know it's likely too late, but I would use the 7 slots on Thursday for qualifying and the three slots on Friday for going from 8 to 4 and from 4 to 2 and from 2 to 1. Seems more "tournamentish."

This format is set up so people can choose when they want to play their five games and do not have to give up time slots that they may or may not advance to.

From past Cons I have heard numerous times the "I'd love to be in the tourney but I have a class/have a game/am leaving tomorrow".

I agree, it is anti-climatic, but it does allow people more flexiblity with their time.

Is it all right to play in only a couple of the sessions? I think I can make the Thursday 10pm and Friday 2pm. I obviously don't expect to win anything, just want to play. And if there was an odd number of people or something, I could sit it out no problem.

*Ranzadule

No problem there. I'll have the numbers on hand and people can obvisously ask to see their ranking at any time.

*Mengu

Play as little as you want. I have no problems with that.

If there is an odd number of players, some sorry sod gets to play me.

*Mengu

Play as little as you want. I have no problems with that.

If there is an odd number of players, some sorry sod gets to play me.

Allrighty. I'll probably register for 2 games, and try to squeeze in a third on the fly if I can.

We actually ran a simmilar style for our Tourney at MisCon this last weekend and it worked great. We had three rounds and breaks inbetween. Before the start of the next round I'd give the standings and point wise it was close the whole time. At the final scoring it was 128 points seperating 1st and second (using a 1600 point roster), and then less than 50 points between 2nd and third.

So it may seem anti climactic, but it was great.

Couple questions:

1. Do the lists have to specify which Subfaction is being used? For instance could I have a Crusader list that conforms to Army of Justice, but seeing I'll be playing against a nonevil faction, use Crusader default FA's instead?

2. You mentioned Scenarios will be the same as those used at ReaperCon. Obviously there have been changes to RC07 since then. Will the Scenarios see some sort of update?

1. Do the lists have to specify which Subfaction is being used? For instance could I have a Crusader list that conforms to Army of Justice, but seeing I'll be playing against a nonevil faction, use Crusader default FA's instead?

Subfactions can change from game to game. [Obviously] Inform your opponent which subfaction you're playing prior to the game.

2. You mentioned Scenarios will be the same as those used at ReaperCon. Obviously there have been changes to RC07 since then. Will the Scenarios see some sort of update?

No. Unless there is an uproar about it. I'd like to hear peoples opinions about the scenarios.

Cool, that means he has a -2 Penalty to his DV, that makes him easier to beat!!!

I will not have the time available to me to travel out to Ohio this year and join you all. Last year was an absolute blast. Hope you all have a good time.