Sign in to follow this  
Dedros

Lupine beat down!

Okay guys, I just bought myself a fatty starter box of the werewolves! No one in this bloody area plays, and I'm still sinking money into this because it is so bad arsed! Last night I picked up the unique captain Istvan and a Lupine Rager. I loved the look of these models so much I had to have more, and while checking your web site found a starter box of them. I wanted to ask the seasoned vets of Merc Lupine play, is it a viable army to play standing alone? Or would you guys suggest that I mix it up with some other forces? I would really like to keep it purely Lupine, but then again if I find someone that plays, I don't want to be mopped up. Also if anyone has any tips or sweet cheese moves they would like to pass my way I would be very happy to hear it.

Okay guys, I just bought myself a fatty starter box of the werewolves! No one in this bloody area plays, and I'm still sinking money into this because it is so bad arsed! Last night I picked up the unique captain Istvan and a Lupine Rager. I loved the look of these models so much I had to have more, and while checking your web site found a starter box of them. I wanted to ask the seasoned vets of Merc Lupine play, is it a viable army to play standing alone? Or would you guys suggest that I mix it up with some other forces? I would really like to keep it purely Lupine, but then again if I find someone that plays, I don't want to be mopped up. Also if anyone has any tips or sweet cheese moves they would like to pass my way I would be very happy to hear it.

You'll want more than just the Ragers, sweet tho they are.

Here the proxy rules are your friend: Pick the Merc stats you want to use, then swap out the models for some of the DHL werewolves. Here's a search in the online store:

http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/s...string=werewolf

I think you could slap a crossbow in 2139's hand and give yourself some ranged attacks.

PS

Since pure Lupines don't get any denefit over Freelance, you may as well mix it up. You have the Hound of Judgement and Wardogs if you want a dog/wolf theme. Or look through the stats, find some that look good for Lupines, and proxy away. You gotta love this game.

However, Lupines are a tricky army to play. All large bases means you have to watch out for choke points, getting swarmed, fewer models most of the time, no ranged, no Mage. I sincerely hope they bring in a nice selection of Lupines, doesn't have to be huge, that gives us Merc players some flexibility. By the rules you can't even field more than one unit of Ragers. Back them up with some Minotaurs in another unit and watch the carnage.

My lupines only fight alongside those that are in their pack.

I haven't played the big dogs since the rule revision, they are currently being painted, but I can't wait to put them on the table.

The other local Mercenary player mixes the Lupines with many different Merc Models. And it seems to work well for him, they bring some serious hurt when packed up with crossbow fire.

I haven't played the big dogs since the rule revision, they are currently being painted, but I can't wait to put them on the table.

The other local Mercenary player mixes the Lupines with many different Merc Models. And it seems to work well for him, they bring some serious hurt when packed up with crossbow fire.

I don't even have anyone local to play against yet, I just love these models! I think I may bid my time for more figs to hit the market. I do like that idea of yours to mix them with the Reptus. Those models do look nice. Any suggestions for what I should be looking for to balance the army? Missile troops, magic? Thank you for you're input!

I don't even have anyone local to play against yet, I just love these models! I think I may bid my time for more figs to hit the market. I do like that idea of yours to mix them with the Reptus. Those models do look nice. Any suggestions for what I should be looking for to balance the army? Missile troops, magic? Thank you for you're input!

Where do you live?

Do you plan on going to any Cons this year?

Where do you live?

Do you plan on going to any Cons this year?

I live in Williamsburg Virginia. You would think on the East coast there would be a vast number of gamers. Well there is, but the have their heads so far up GW's arse it's not funny. You want to play something other than 40k here you're SOL.

I did have some luck with Privateer press up here. People seem to enjoy that. The local huge gaming store, Worlds best comics, has all the games you could want, but none of the players.

I you want to keep an animalistic theme in a freelance army:

Ragers

Minotaurs

Beastmen

Centaurs Archers

This army is, IMHO, cooler than it is effective. But it would look great on the table.

Krung Beast from the Reptus. If you want to go neutral/evil you could field crypt bats from the Necropolis list, or the Wyvern from Overlords.

If you're looking for models with as much aggression and cool aesthetic, Reptus is the place to look. Lizardmen, Snakemen, and Cobra men, most with bulging muscles, bristling spikes and horns, and waving big, nasty weapons.

I have always thought it would be cool to do a Lupines and Vampires combo. Kinda an Underworld themed army.

Anthony