Sign in to follow this  
Dedros

Alien predator.

Well, since we really know, on the whole, jack about the Predator's, there is alot of stuff to speculate.

For one, without their helmets, they seem to see in red or blue tones (Ped 1 and 2 respectively). That means that they're not likely to be the dominate members of their race, as they would not be able to properly "see" things well enough to design things such as circuitry or things of that nature. I'm wondering if the Predators we see fighting are some sort of "slave" soldier, and those hunting trips are how you get from "grunt" to "captain" or something?

M.

EDIT: Aliens rocked! So many things in StarCraft where inspired by that, plus other video games I can name...

Ha! I say the filthy Predators stole the tech they have, and enslaved smarter creatures to instruct them on the use of it.

We can really only speculate about the Aliens as well. Since they breed with other races differently, they have an infinite amount of diversity available to them. I'm also certain that the movies just scratched on the surface of the structure of Alien hierarchy.

Alien VS Predator? I thought that was celebrity boxing between Tom Cruise and Michael Jackson :unsure:
ROFL, almost spit my coffee all over my keyboard!

Wow. Heinlein died a year after 40K was originally released in October 1987.
Maybe that was what instigated the heart failure that killed him?

Alien VS Predator? I thought that was celebrity boxing between Tom Cruise and Michael Jackson :unsure:
ROFL, almost spit my coffee all over my keyboard!

I hate it when that happens. It worse when it sprays out your nose. I thought it was great joke. I figure somebody would comment before 40 posts. Everyone either skipped it, or are fans of MJ and TC. :unsure:

On the subject of Alien, don't the Spawn for the Darkspawn look like the mom.

Stop now M. Eversberg II, convince yourself there is no Alien 4, and go enjoying the Aliens Trilogy (Sorry, I know some of you probably liked Alien 4, but it ruined the whole series for me).

Stop now M. Eversberg II, convince yourself there is no Alien 4, and go enjoying the Aliens Trilogy (Sorry, I know some of you probably liked Alien 4, but it ruined the whole series for me).

See, I hated Alien 3 and preferred 4 over 3, so much so that instead of referring to #4 as Alien: Resurrection, I usually consider it Alien: The Apology

Alien 3 was just too much of one big long chase scene for me.

Alien four was a disgrace. No one wuss slaps a queen and gets away with it, NO ONE!

And all other Alien movies bow down to the greatness that is Aliens. I will be buried with a copy clutched in my cold fingers.

**Why Do the Predators in this one walk about like a bunch of vato's, huh? in pred 1, the thing was a slinky tiger-lizard supreme, both stealthy and combatant-capable. here, they be brutes, who cloak and stand up above you to get stealthy. i saw multiple ways to slink in that dungeon: the ceilings were textured, they had high trim in most rooms, they had drop-ways for aliens, why not yourself? etc, etc, etc...

"Dick Marcinko, you have extraterrestials to train in camp 4..."

nifty shuriken, though

From what I understood of what a self proclaimed predator expert friend of mine told me the Predators in 1 and 2 were experienced hunters. The predators in AVP were "adolescents" of sorts undergoing some sort of initiation ritual into "manhood" or "predatorhood".

Well, since we really know, on the whole, jack about the Predator's, there is alot of stuff to speculate.

For one, without their helmets, they seem to see in red or blue tones (Ped 1 and 2 respectively). That means that they're not likely to be the dominate members of their race, as they would not be able to properly "see" things well enough to design things such as circuitry or things of that nature. I'm wondering if the Predators we see fighting are some sort of "slave" soldier, and those hunting trips are how you get from "grunt" to "captain" or something?

M.

EDIT: Aliens rocked! So many things in StarCraft where inspired by that, plus other video games I can name...

The red tone is infrared vision which basically lets them see heat. The bluish purple tones is UV vision which lets them see ultraviolet spectrum, which is why the predator was able to detect the UV lights the humans were using.

I personally am a fan of all the alien and predator movies. Obviously some are way better than others, but I was entertained by them all. A friend and I even started making cards for an AVP version of Star Wars/D&D Miniatures game.