Sign in to follow this  
Dedros

Star wars vrs. Star trek.

Sanael: hmmm, the lmpulse speed thing does come to mind. i hadn't thought about that...however, i do not doubt the ability of a death star to be a very difficult target...you'd have to be one ba'a$$ Fed to pull of rapid running gunning tactics. stadard federation procedures would get them killed.

i am willing to bet the SW ship are faster than you think. but i will confess they would be slower than the ST ships. save in FTL drives: hyperdrive can cross a galaxy in DAYS. Warp is much slower than that, as only a few quadrants of a galaxy were explored by the end of Voyager...

BoP heavily armed? 2 Reciprotating Disruptor cannon (very nice) and a single Photon Torpedo Tube. A Runabout packs the same gear, but has smaller phasers. sorry, but check the specs.

Everyone:

here is how i figure it:

Star Wars ships are tough, easy to repair, and pack loads of firepower. They are agile if fighters or interdictors, and lumbering if capital ships. their shields work as a damage reducer, not a new layer of hit points that need be breached. and SW crew are agressive and familiar with death. especially those f'ing mandalorians and wookies! they live in a vast and dangerous galaxy, and have to deal with it all the time if not in the core worlds. they are tough wilderness folk and rugged warriors.

Star Trek Ships move like lightning and pack tons of special gatdets, not even 50% with truly military potential. Were it not for their SIF, IDS, and DCS shields, they would fly apart (the designers even confessed as much). They rely upon their shields, which, when down, leave the ship wide open. their crews are very skilled if almost flaccid in their lack of agression, and their targeting systems allow them to do stuff the SW ships would die for. Their shields are a very strong all or nothing defense.

if i was to do ST vs SW, i would take Romulans if playing ST and the Grand Army of the Republic over any other star wars force.

the Toughest fights would be:

Empire vs. Borg,

(duh!)

Yuzzahn Vong vs. Borg,

(can you feel the hate? a single assimilation and the Yuzzan Vong will foam at the mouth, bringign ALL the nasties they own to bear. How do the Borg respond to gravity crunch anyway?)

and Klingons vs. Rebels

(Fierce noble warriors on the lowball end, with tons of spice vs. our heroic band of Freedom Fighters... though,sh!t, this fight would be FUN! capitalized isnt enough! funfunfunfun!)

well..

damn, i'm a geek!

Celebrity Death Match!

Luke Skywalker versus Deanna Troi in a whine to the death! (Luke)

Princess Leia versus Major Kira in an a "I've got too much testosterone for my own good!" duel. (even money on Kira )

Han Solo versus Commander Riker in a cataclysmic machismo showdown! (Han all the way)

Mon Mothma versus Jean Luc Picard, accents and angst at twenty paces! (Picard)

Wesley Crusher versus Anakin Skywalker in a planet shattering duel to prove who's the more insipid! (tie)

Mace Windu versus Worf to settle once and for all who the baddest Mother- [email protected]#$&* in the universe is! (Sam Jackson all the way)

Mace Windu versus Worf to settle once and for all who the baddest Mother-

Shut yo' mouth!!!

Yeah, it had to be said, and I'll be playing the role of Mr. Predictable this evening.

Thanks everybody, I'm here til, .............................................I dunno, another half hour or so??

I don't at all care for Star Wars, and am quite the fan of Star Trek. I think it's because Star Trek has a focal point of Earth, rather than some vague galaxy that 'happens' to have humans.

Of course, you all know I'm just posting to get to my 1000 posts faster...;p

Darth Maul vs the entire crew of whatever the heck ship it was for the entire TNG series.

I'm not hoping for a fight. Gruesome extermination in a several hour long gore marathon is more what I'm looking for. Of course, we'll need Tarantino or the dude who made Robocop to direct...

"Darth Maul chewing up a cubic butt ton of red shirts would be pretty sweet."

Yes, but in keeping with the fabric of both, the hero (Kirk, Sisco, Janeway, Picard, Archer) would step in and kill Maul in a protracted fight, that would end with (at least) kirks shirt torn.