Hell Dorado - new miniatures game

Catlion

Hello everyone!

I'm just back from Gen Con Paris, where Asmodee released their new skirmish game Hell Dorado and since the minis were so sweet I bought all 4 starter boxes (and got some promo minis). As minis-geeks you want to have a look at their site, but be warned it's in French, but the English release will probably be end of 2007. If we're lucky the English rules will be available for download sooner. Look there (there are more pictures to be seen if you follow the links given on the page): www.helldorado.fr

Enjoy!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HellDorado looks nifty, but your post isn't all that useful. I would suggest that most of us cannot read much French and since you had a demo, how about a run through on how it's played, what's cool aobut it and what may not be and so on. Otherwise your post seems a bit like a mere advertisement rather than a discussion topic.

So, how's it play? ::):

HellDorado looks nifty, but your post isn't all that useful. I would suggest that most of us cannot read much French and since you had a demo, how about a run through on how it's played, what's cool aobut it and what may not be and so on. Otherwise your post seems a bit like a mere advertisement rather than a discussion topic.

So, how's it play? ::):

I have a bootleggIed text only copy that was translated by a computer... so it reads like a very broken French accent. If anyone wants a copy you can send me your email in a PM.

The minis are cool. It seems to be set in the 1600's and has musketeer, conquistor types. There seem to be a lot of demon like creatures, middle Eastern characters, some type of human constructs.

I know enough french to see what the factions are and that it's d6', but c'est tout. I've been following threads on thsi game for a few weeks. It looks nice and may fit well for pewople who used to love Confrontation as that game has gone to massed battles of pre-painted plastics. Helldorado has a look and feel like Acheron, Griffins and so on. What it has to do with Tombstone AZ I have no idea. I was only slightly disappointed after seeing the title, when I found out it had nothing to do with Cowboys.

I know enough french to see what the factions are and that it's d6', but c'est tout. I've been following threads on thsi game for a few weeks. It looks nice and may fit well for pewople who used to love Confrontation as that game has gone to massed battles of pre-painted plastics. Helldorado has a look and feel like Acheron, Griffins and so on. What it has to do with Tombstone AZ I have no idea. I was only slightly disappointed after seeing the title, when I found out it had nothing to do with Cowboys.

I think from what I read it is about explorer types looking for the new world and they end up in some type of hell land. I may be wrong but that was the gist of some thread I read on a forum.

It looks to be about $50 American for ten figures. A little pricey for a starter set IMO but it looks like it is 10 or 11 different models, which is very cool. There are four starter sets.

They discovered a doorway to Hell and decided to invade.

That doesn't sound like a smart plan.

My sister-in-law lives in France. I may have her pick me up some goodies when she come to visit in August. I really like the minis.

It appears that there are a few such doorways and that several competitors are all running around in Hell. The Saracens got there first and have been there for a while. It would seem that the home-field advantage would be a bit much, but I guess the points costs don't really reflect that. :)

Looks like it's in the play style of Rezolution. There are independent models and then there are team models: there are battle reports on the site.

It looks really interesting. From everything I can tell, there's a daemon faction, Saracens, Witch Hunters (as far as I know "Occidentale" just means "white", so I would imagine there's more to it than that, may just mean Spainiard), and I have no idea what "Egares" means, but it seems as though they are souls escaped from hell (Les portes des enfers sont maintenant ouvertes. Nous étions les damnés, nous serons ceux qui trouveront leur liberté… roughly translates to The doors of Hell are now opened. We were the damned souls, we shall be those who will find their freedom …)

Looks like it's in the play style of Rezolution. There are independent models and then there are team models: there are battle reports on the site.

It looks really interesting. From everything I can tell, there's a daemon faction, Saracens, Witch Hunters (as far as I know "Occidentale" just means "white", so I would imagine there's more to it than that, may just mean Spainiard), and I have no idea what "Egares" means, but it seems as though they are souls escaped from hell (Les portes des enfers sont maintenant ouvertes. Nous étions les damnés, nous serons ceux qui trouveront leur liberté… roughly translates to The doors of Hell are now opened. We were the damned souls, we shall be those who will find their freedom …)

I've been reading the rule a bit and combat looks interesting. I guess there is no front side that everything is 360. There are also different engagement zones b2b, 1" and 3". I think it is like Confrontation in that the way to tell a unique model is by whether it is named. Measuring is in inches and not metric. And the rules are full of little jokes that are probably funny in French bit lose something in my computer translated broken English. I noticed each of the four faction box sets have no duplicate figures.