Sign in to follow this  
Gus Landt

You make the mini #2: You pick the Dwarf

Pick A Dwarf  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dwarf should be put into Warlord?

• Sally Naildriver
    • Ragnar Darkdelver
    • Francis Iron Foot
    • Annasha Tomebreaker
    • Bree Shieldbreaker
    • Dwarven Mancatchers
    • Lily Fairweather
    • Hilda Steadyhand
    • Sally Alewife

OK, lots of great models to choose from! If you want the fluff behind each one, go HERE.

Do NOT take their name into account when you vote. You are just voting on their stats!

Naildriver.jpg

Darkdelver.jpg

Ironfoot.jpg

TomeBreaker.jpg

Hearthwarden.jpg

ManCatchers.jpg

Fairweather.jpg

Steadyhand.jpg

Alewife.jpg

I was afraid that if I allowed multiple votes, I'd end up with every model getting 4-6 votes, and having no idea which one won...

Also, I added all the requisite Smites. If they aren't showing up for you, then your browser is caching the image from yesterday. Tell it not to. ::):

If the name 'Sally' is in any datacard other than the first and last, your browser is caching an image from yesterday.

I think all the ideas are very, very cool. I could easily welcome any of them into my little dwarf kingdom. But with that said I voted for the Mancatchers. I think that they will be more benificial to more types of armies. We already have several good elites. I think a model with Disable would be awesome. It is such a useful sa as are Smite/mounted and First Strike. In my opinion getting two of the most useful SAs for 30 points is a gift and with their one strike they hit extremely good.

VOTE MANCATCHERS

I voted for Brie Shieldbreaker, Hearthwarden with this caveate: That her DV be brought up in line with the Shieldmaidens/Freya.

First my rationale for picking Brie over all of the other excellent choices: What tipped me over the edge to vote for her (and it was very close) was her 4#MA. Alot of the others have 2, and I think that a dwarf hero ought to have at least the chance to flatten a human or Reven in one round of combat. Brie is the choice that can do this. The others can spectacularly disasemble a Skeleton - but so can our Warriors, so why do we need an elite who can do it with more style?

Supporting that statistical point is a fluff point. Hearthwarden is a very "dwarf" concept. I know, I know, pretty much all of these ideas are very "dwarf." But here's why I feel that Brie at least ties, and in some cases exceeds, the "Dwarfiness" of the other choices: The Dwarves have always been about fighting as brothers (and sisters), for hearth and home and the freedom of free peoples living in Taltos. Essentially I'm saying, they're all about home, it's the reason for themto fight in the first place. So a Hearthwarden is very Dwarfy.

And supporting THAT is, she has Fearless (there is no retreat if home is right behind you and the enemy is right before you) and Trencher (fighting with her brother and sister dwarves in a coordinated unit), two SA's that are helpful in battle and lend the model flavor.

I think I far surpassed my two cents in this post... so...

... that's my 200 cents ^_^

Thanks, JD. That was exactly why I chose those SAs when I suggested her, and you nailed the underlying concept for her perfectly. I left her DV "average" to a) keep her non-unique, and b) keep the points cost from escalating too high. Then you have the option to give her an armor upgrade if you want to keep her in the fight. I too like the idea of the #MA 4 with Trencher and Warmaster. :)

Anyway, there's my 2 cents too.

~v

With a name like Tomb Breaker I had no other choice, although the man catcher were tempting

With a name like Tomb Breaker I had no other choice, although the man catcher were tempting

Pssst. It's tome, not tomb. She's an anti-mage, not an anti-mummy. :B):

Pssst. It's tome, not tomb. She's an anti-mage, not an anti-mummy. :B):

You live in your world, I'll live in mine ::P:

Either way, the vote stands. I like the idea of an anti-mage hero.

Trying to imagine a Lara Croft/Dwarf hybrid...

<shudder>

I'm sorry, that would just ROCK!!!

Would she get two cross bows or just two swords?

Trying to imagine a Lara Croft/Dwarf hybrid...

<shudder>

I'm sorry, that would just ROCK!!!

Would she get two cross bows or just two swords?

As I was thinking about this more, I think Kara Foehunter is pretty much what you'd get, so I have to remove the <shudder> because I really dig that model although I was thinking more in lines of a male dwarf/lara croft-joile hybrid initially :lol:

I'd imagine she'd have a pair of repeating hand crossbows.

But since it's a Tomb Raider, that's more like a Darkdelver going into underground passages and the like, so let's give her paired Short Swords and VOTE for RAGNAR!!! :lol:

And now I need to dig out my sketch pad and start doodling. Curse you!

And now I need to dig out my sketch pad and start doodling. Curse you!

And my work here is done.

Of course now I'm trying to think If I could sculpt one.

Oh, well. I hadn't planned on getting any work done anyway.