A Request for the Miniatures Gallery

sniffles

I'd like to respectfully request that images of minis in the gallery/catalog include rear views. I like to see the backs as well as the fronts.

Actually, ideally I'd like to see 180-degree views so I can see both sides as well, similar to what Mithril does on their site (but preferably unpainted). But I'll be satisfied with just front and rear views.

And maybe if a mini comes with "accessories", such as the Ghoul Queen's minions, you could have separate images of those pieces instead of squeezing them all together in a single photo?

Thanks and keep up the good work! ::):

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS IN NO WAY AN OFFICIAL ANSWER!

I would imagine that the cost in man hours of undertaking such a project would be tremendous. With Reaper being a small company and every employee being needed to make the minis that we all love and produce the new ones coming out, I'd imagine that this is also fairly low on the list of priorities. While I agree it would be cool, I for one would like to have more new minis faster.

Kit's new Figure Finder (link is at top of page) does a wonderful job of linking the pic of the unpainted fig with any pics that are in the gallery for the painted piece. Many of those have front and rear views. Of course, the problem with that is that not every fig has a painted version, something that I'm sure is related to the man-hours thing that CBP mentioned. But where the pics exist, it is certainly nicer than having to click all over the various galleries.

Perhaps a more reasonable solution for Reaper would be to ask Kit to somehow allow us, as users, to submit photos to be attached to the figure finder - kind of a "click this link to see all user submitted photos for this figure" button. This would take some of the workload for such an endeavor off of Reapers hands and place it in ours. Of course, I make this suggestion not knowing if the workload required to screen the photos is less than or more than just taking the photos themselves.

• Artists

As far as the catalogues go, I have a dim recollection of it once being said that the pictures there are in scale with one another, so if there's a dragon or ogre or something you can compare its size with another person sized mini on the same page. I don't know if that's still true of the current catalogues or if I'm misremembering the original statement though.

I also agree that backside pictures would be great. There have been more than a few surprises for me since I do not have a store in town that actually carries minis ("oh my... I didn't know THAT was on there"). I do understand the time it would take, so it's just a mighty wish.

Though, if Reaper wanted to pay me to sit around taking pictures of minis, I would gladly do so for cheap. ;)

Perhaps a more reasonable solution for Reaper would be to ask Kit to somehow allow us, as users, to submit photos to be attached to the figure finder - kind of a "click this link to see all user submitted photos for this figure" button. This would take some of the workload for such an endeavor off of Reapers hands and place it in ours. Of course, I make this suggestion not knowing if the workload required to screen the photos is less than or more than just taking the photos themselves.

Now that's a clever idea. Thumbs up to kristof65! ::):