New Magic Items Request

Well, as the title suggests, we need to have more cheap magic items available. They don't have to do anything exciting. I don't know how many times I have made an army list where I came up 10 points short. Hmmmm...look, nothing available for the good guys. The Page is almost useless. I mean come on, I inevitably have all of my leaders die by the end of the game, so regrouping is not an option. ^_^

I had a couple of ideas. What are your ideas?

Name: Crown of the Forefathers

Availability: Warlords without the Undead SA

Type: Specialty Upgrade

Point Cost: 10 Points

Unique: Yes

Effects: Grants +1 DIS to the warlord when on its last damage track.

Notes: None

This is essentially representing the Warlord's desire to live and his want to bring his crown back home and pass it on to his heir. ::):

Name: Divine Favor

Availability: Leaders or Elites only

Point Cost: 20 Points

Unique: Yes

Effects: The model may ignore the first point of damage it suffers. This is not healing, it is as if the damage never happened.

Notes: None

I'm sure people recognize this one. :devil:

Wild Bill :blues:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much against Divine Favor, It's one of the reason I seriously lost interest in Warlord the first time. It was a given that it appeared in every army I built and every army I faced, and it was perhaps the most frustrating piece of equipment in the game, it was annoying, and unneeded.

For 10 points I think your crown could do more than boost Dis +1, maybe as much as +3 would be ok, considering a it only affects a single track.

This topic was also to hear about YOUR new items you thought we should see. I didn't say mine were the end all be all, you evil monkeys you!! ::P::devil::lol:

I only put +1 DIS on my crown because it was only 10 points. I figured I could justify that for only 10 points. +3 DIS? I doubt that would be allowed. That seems pretty powerful to me. :unsure:

Also, I'll say it now, and say it loud: Divine Favor will NOT return to this game. :B):

I'd like a Unique Item called a Potion of Cure 1. It can only be carried by Leaders and Elites. It costs 10 points. It allows the Model to drink the potion to heal a point of damage. It can be consumed Defensively when a Model receives a point of damage at any time. ::P:

Although honestly, having Potions of Cure would be cool.

Essentially give you a one use Innate (Cure #)/5. Have them cost a premium over the spell, because hey, you're getting the spell without bringing the cleric along. The Spell has a Range of Caster for purposes of the Potion. A Friendly Model in b2b contact with you can use the Potion on you if you are Stunned.

I'd like to see a Neutralize Poison spell. Especially with so many bloody Models now with Poison Shot/Strike. Cleric, level 1, have it cost 5 points. 18 inch range. Removes Poison Token. Can be cast defensively if the Cleric is the target of a Poisoned attack/shot/spell.

Focussing Crystal - usable by Mage or Cleric - single use, extends the range of a single spell by 50%. Declare use before rolling for effects.

Really Shiny Armor - unit upgrade. All members of the unit gain Deflect/+1 but can never take advantage of Light Cover terrain.

Ring of Regeneration - A stunned model equipped with this item that fails its first Tough check may sacrifice this item in order to re-roll the check. If either roll succeeds, the model is placed back in action on its second-to-last damage track.

Ring of Regeneration - A stunned model equipped with this item that fails its first Tough check may sacrifice this item in order to re-roll the check. If either roll succeeds, the model is placed back in action on its second-to-last damage track.

I like the idea of starting back on your second-to-last track. Interesting idea...

I think potions are a Great idea for cheap items. I don't like the idea of potions having a chance of failure, other games have done this and it just feels cheap.

Cure potions with a premium in cost would be awesome.

Neutralize Poison is another great idea.

Possibly a potion of the Divine Vigor.

A Frenzy potion would be fun too. Grants Frenzy SA until the end of next activation.

The rest below are just results of brain storming cheap items:

Locked Gauntlet: The model is immune to the disable ability. (Very situational, 5-10 points)

Contract to Kill: Unique Item. The model in your army with this item gains Smite/3 against a single model in your enemies army of your choosing. You only get this bonus against a Single Model, so if you pick a grunt type, it is only against the 1 model of your choosing, not of all the grunts. It must be announced that you have this item and who it is against at beginning of play. (10 points, Not overpowering, but a nice item if you do get into b2b with the contract)

Tomb of Darkness: Usable only by Non-Unique Evil Mages. It grants them the Necromancer SA. (Known mages should just get the SA, but maybe there is a pain mage or kevis out there who has stumbled upon the arts of undeath. I would say 5-10 points. It allows a bigger spell pool, but it's more fluff than powerful)

and a few not so cheap items:

Runes of Healing: Everytime this model activates they are allowed to make a tough check, if successful they are healed by 1 point of damage. If the model is stunned, they are allowed to take their Rune check before their actual tough check. (probably around 35 points, the best models have a 50/50 chance, and you usually only spend 1/3 a game wounded so I see it going off 2-3 times max)

A few 5 point items:

Blessed Weapon

Adds +1 to MAV for all attacks during the first time that the model attacks of defends (Offensive or Defensive Strikes, but not both). Afterwards, the blessing wears off and provides no benefit.

Razor Tipped Arrows

Adds +1 to RAV for all attacks during the first time the model attacks with ranged weapons. After the attacks, the arrows have all been used.

Symbol of the Faith

Adds + 1 to DIS. (Alternately, the wearer may reroll 1 Discipline check before his faith is shaken).

Extra Preparation

Spell caster has extensively prepared/practiced one spell and gets a +1 CP casting that spell. If multiple instances of the spell are taken (say 2 Blessings), the +1 applies to both instances

Extra Hardy Breakfast

The model may add +1 to the first Tough check that it makes.

Name: Fetish*(Spell Name)

Availability: Models with Mage SA

Point Cost: 5 x Spell Level

Unique: No

Effects: Model can re-roll a Failed Magic Check on the specific spell associated with the fetish. Once the re-roll is activated, the Fetish burns out and is useless.

Notes: Free action to activate.

Name: Brinks Echo

Availability: Models with unmodified MAV 5 or higher

Point Cost: 10

Unique: No

Effects: This potion brew temporarily grants the model Frenzy until the end of it's activation.

Notes: Free action to activate, one-shot use. Models that already have Frenzy SA gain no benefit from this item.

*shuddup Spartan6/Kelcore/Willbill