Sign in to follow this  
sethohman

Razig's Revenge Faction Abilities

How about, if there's a river on the board, the Razig team can deploy on the shore of the river, as if they had rowed upstream?

How about, if there's a river on the board, the Razig team can deploy on the shore of the river, as if they had rowed upstream?

You could allow a ranger move along the river. The rivers mouth should be placed in or next to the deployment zone.

How about this?

Boon of the Oceans Curse:

Any model in a Razig's Revenge fighting company can move between any Marsh, Bog, or River terrain to any part of another Marsh, Bog, or River by sacrificing a Movement Action.

In addition to this all river, marsh, and bog terrain are considered inside of Razig's deployment zone and models may be deployed their freely.

Also, for some reason the idea of an undead giant crab is growing on me. It has to be "Zombiefied" though, because a skeletal crab would look... like a normal crab... Just make sure it isn't too similar to the giant scorpion and it would be a unique addition to Warlord.

maybe it could "burrow" through swamps, marshes, rivers, lakes, etc.

::shrug:: A lot of crabs are perfectly capable diggers, water or otherwise.

I think the land lubber one is a pretty cool unique FA.

Another possible could be something like:

Sea Legs - Leaders in an all Razig army gain innate slow spell to use on the enemy. Not over powering, but another unique idea and would fit well with some of the other ideas given.

Here's my wish list of the Razig FA's I would like to see for 2008:

"I'm going and that's that"

All Razig fighting companies must include Razig.

"Hate sustains me"

If Captain Razig sustains enough damage to be removed from play the following events happen:

1) The Captain Razig model is placed side down or replaced with a marker.

2) The Captain Razig model must spend an entire Action phase down.

3) After spending an entire action phase down the Captain Razig model may return to play fully restored and undamaged provided the side controlling Razig can sacrifice a number of models equal to or greater than the cost of the Captain Razig model.

"Land Lubber"

Per Gus, flyers and burrowers are considered to be at the surface level.

"Guns!, bring up the guns!"

When playing a purely Razig's Revenge list the outrider cost is not paid for fielding the Soul Cannon as a solo

Anthony

That sounds about perfect to me. No, there's no way to field extra Bone Marines, but it preserves the flavor of Razig without requiring a sacrifice from players, and it gives the army some parity versus burrowers and flyers(without expanding the army to have such things).

(It still needs Scuttlebones the Undead Crab as a solo!)

The fog/ sea legs idea is very cool! A decent CP would be needed, say a 5 or 6, since it is a FA.

Anthony

Razig definitely needs either a toughness rating or a version of "Hate Sustains me" rule. I feel bad for our local Razig player. We'll probably let hime play toughness 4 even without an official corretion.

Skipper

Razig definitely needs either a toughness rating or a version of "Hate Sustains me" rule. I feel bad for our local Razig player. We'll probably let hime play toughness 4 even without an official corretion.

Skipper

If they add a tough/* ability to Razig, then "I'm going and that's that" should probably be removed. The way it is written now it really does not make sense. That was the concern in my original post. "I'm going and that's that" is a hindrance without "Hate sustains me".

Anthony

Razig doesn’t need any sympathy. Even though he doesn’t have Tough he is probably the best buy of all the Warlords.

Captain Razig is only 129 points, which is cheaper than 2/3 of the Warlords..

He is the lowest costing Warlord with a DV 15, most are 200-300+.

No Warlord has a higher MD.

Only 2, 6 track warlords are cheaper.

He is faster, has a higher MA &MAV than most Warlords.

He is one of only two that can take 3 elites.

His adepts count as grunts.

With his Mob only two Warlords have a larger troop limit.

He is one of only 8 with a Ranged attack.

No Warlord has a higher RAV.

He has First Strike, Warmaster and Slowfire, which are three of the best SA’s in the game.

He is a machine.

He still needs Tough.

I'm not a Razig player. But IMO...

You could give him Tough/9 and he'd be dead in his first combat. A MAV of 3 kills him 50% of the time. It's not like he's a Dragon, Judas or Rathuros on his last track or that his cleric is going to hit him with a Cure/3.

His weakness is not not having Tough, it's that he degrades quickly. Just give him armour, DV17, and a mobbed out troop with Harpooners so he always surrounded and doesn't take damage as quickly.

Ideally, he should have never lost "Hate Sustains Me" but the powers that be said he didnt need it so he lost it. I would go for the DV 17 or Tough of 4+. Either way as long as he gets something back that was taken from Him...

Ideally, he should have never lost "Hate Sustains Me" but the powers that be said he didnt need it so he lost it. I would go for the DV 17 or Tough of 4+. Either way as long as he gets something back that was taken from Him...

I wasn't suggesting he get DV 17, I was saying go buy a piece of armor. A model that had a dv17 that could buy +2 armour for a dv19 would be a bit much.

I say give him Tough/5.

HATE SUSTAINS ME

If Razig is Stunned and makes a successful Tough check, then the player rolls a d6 to determine which of his 6 tracks he is on. 1 = 0 wounds... 6 = 5 wounds.