Windows Media Extension

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Administrators
Whiz, maybe you should try the beta of Safari for Windows. I'm liking it pretty well so far.

What's that all about, Phil?

Early Safari Beta. Apple's lean, mean, and open-source browsin' machine newly available for XP and Vista. I specify early beta because it simply hasn't worked for some people and it's had a few problems which has already received patching (since Monday -- Quick turnaround!).

But a nice browser, overall.

And I know I'm not Phil.

Whiz, maybe you should try the beta of Safari for Windows. I'm liking it pretty well so far.

I'm biting my tongue here to avoid opening the dreaded Mac vs. PC debate, but why would Apple do this? Firefox is already free, open-source, well adopted, supported and loved. Seems strange they would spend resource on this.

I'm biting my tongue here to avoid opening the dreaded Mac vs. PC debate, but why would Apple do this? Firefox is already free, open-source, well adopted, supported and loved. Seems strange they would spend resource on this.

I haven't seen Safari, but my guess is the thinking is to give Windows users a taste of the Mac Interface - IE, "if you like Safari, you'll love Mac!"

Kind of like GM dealers will now start having Toyota Camrys and Honda Accords available for test drive right at their dealerships.

just checked with IE7 & got nothing (I used fox primarily)

on the Safari thing, I tried to use the puter in the paint room at Reaper this year & was so lost with Safari's interface, but that doesn't mean I don't want to learn it as I would love to be able to work Mac stuff someday (ie have knowledge on both major computer interfaces), but for now I'll stick with Windows & Firefox as my browser choice.

RM