Sign in to follow this  
kristof65

Data Cards and Models we'd like to see for RC2008

Ok, we now know that there will be no changes to the datacards, nor any new ones added until the Rage Chronicles in 2008. That doesn't mean we can't start compiling our wishlist now, to give Gus and his crew time to consider and playtest.

Anyway, looking at the Elves Woodland Protectors sub-factions, I realized that I can right now play an almost pure Centaur army up to 1000pts.

To go beyond that, I'm going to need the following models:

Cantaur Capt

Centaur Mage

Centaur Cleric

Centaur Warlord

and maybe another type of Centaur Grunt/Adept.

Hmmm I'll be finishing my Overlords with some Phalanx and maybe a Onyx Golem or two and perhaps another nine crossbows! Gotta love them crossbows.

After that I'll do a small Reptus army, and around RC 2008, I wanna start a sub-list of Bloodstone Gnomes! They look awesome! I've just seen the concept art, but knowing Reaper's sculptors, they'll bring the art to life in 3D.

A giant undead crab for Razig. (EDIT: Call him "Scuttlebones")

No way, he would have to be called Scuttlebutt. It's a wonderful double meaning word.

Scuttlebutt was the cask of fresh water stored on ship for the crew to drink from.

And it means rumor and gossip.

My god guys, can you at least wait for the ink to dry :blink::lol:
I can't believe this topic has already been created ::D::lol:

It's Gus' fault. After I saw the Centuars in the Elf army list, I realized I could finally have my Centaur army. And then I realized that it needed just a teensy bit more...

A giant undead crab for Razig. (EDIT: Call him "Scuttlebones")

No way, he would have to be called Scuttlebutt. It's a wonderful double meaning word.

Scuttlebutt was the cask of fresh water stored on ship for the crew to drink from.

And it means rumor and gossip.

Unfortunately, not many people know that, and also it ends in 'butt'. A pity, t' be sure...

Unfortunately, not many people know that, and also it ends in 'butt'. A pity, t' be sure...

That's why we have dictionaries. ^_^

Besides, it would be fun to Summon a Giant Crab, and then refer to the action as a booty call :lol:

That's why we have dictionaries. ^_^

Besides, it would be fun to Summon a Giant Crab, and then refer to the action as a booty call :lol:

Wow. Just wow.

Another Razig thought (since that's currently the smallest army list). The flavor says that Razig made some sort of dark pact, probably with some sort of eldritch sea god. Perhaps we could get some hideous Lovecraftian seaspawned abominations, as Razig enlists the help of the sea god to get his treasure back?

::imagines fielding an Eldritch Demon in a Razig army::

It'd be good to avoid some directly porting over Davy Jones's crew(or hey, maybe not!), but I bet you could have some Drownspawned or the like, shambling figures covered in seaweed, anchor chains, with little crabs crawling all over them.

That actually made me laugh out loud. Mad props Qwyk.

...Snip...

It'd be good to avoid some directly porting over Davy Jones's crew(or hey, maybe not!), but I bet you could have some Drownspawned or the like, shambling figures covered in seaweed, anchor chains, with little crabs crawling all over them.

I just swung by here to post the same idea.

The boat is gettin full of other types of crew... Lets see the ones that Razig drags under the ship, the traitorous crew that sided with Clarissa during the mutiny against razig.

Some water logged, boated fleshy, seaweed covered, chained, non-corpereal, adepts... yeah, I like the sound of that :)

I don't like the idea of Giant Crab. I do like the idea of giving Razig another solo.

How about some kind of caged beast, dragged from some distant land far from Taltos. Matted fur. Diseased skin.

I don't like the idea of Giant Crab. I do like the idea of giving Razig another solo.

How about some kind of caged beast, dragged from some distant land far from Taltos. Matted fur. Diseased skin.

What's wrong with an Undead Giant Crab? Nefsokar gets a Scorpy, we should get a Crab! Whether his name be Scuttlebones, Scuttlebutt, or just Scuttle, I think it's a perfect addition.

I'd definitely prefer a Lovecraftian nautical monster to a mangy Kong. Something with tentacles would be fun, but might step on the Darkspawn's toes, and plus, squid aren't known for their landwalking abilities. Some Deep Ones(or something like them) might be a decent choice, if they were creepy enough -- perhaps if they were modeled after deep-sea fish, with big pale goggly eyes and oversized mouths with giant teeth.

Another idea - zombies with blunderbusses(short range guns with Blowthrough)!

Well, I'd like to see some sort of a dragon. But then, we got one! So I guess I'm satisfied.

I did a data card search of models above 200 points that had flier and were on giant bases, figuring those stats would work for a dragon. That gives you Argyrian the elven dragon warlord, Rauthuros the darkspawn demon warlord, and Maladom, the new monster fire demon for darkspawn. You could even include large bases and get models like Uriel.

So I guess there's plenty of stats to pick from when you want to do a random scenario involving a dragon, which means I'm pretty much happy!