Sign in to follow this  
rgtriplec

Hardest to play?

Who are the hardest to fight and who are the hardest to field?

I have played with a couple Bull Ork and a Reven lists, a couple Dwarf and a few Elf lists. I think Reven and Bulls and Dwarfs are much easier to play. Elves are harder to play and require a little more thinking and planning.

I have played against the Darkspawn who seem to be a thinking player's army as do Goblins. I think Crusaders are more like Dwarfs and Bulls and need less of a master plan to win. Razig is kind of in the middle.

Elves are always going to be difficult to play with just because of their fragile nature. They are not designed to run across the field and beat the crap out of your opponent. You need to use finesse. That's why I play Dwarves: finesse not required. :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

So true about Dwarves WildBill.

I think that the People of the Desert Wind sublist of Nefsokar, while it got a bit easier to play due to the changes, will still require a tight strategy, a flawless build, and a decent dose of luck. Melee in this game is mostly about locking into combat with an advantage and riding the frenzy out to the end, and I see the Desert Wind doing melee in a far more selective fashion, with hit and run raids. That's gotta take alot more effort on the player's part.

There's really no easy or hard army. It all comes down to play style. Pick the Faction that best suits your normal tactics and you will find it is an easy Army to field. Pick a Faction that is the polar opposite of your play style and it will become a huge challenge.

And the ease of play is only as smooth as whomever is across the table from you.

For me, it depends on whether you are playing heads up or scenario based games.

There are a lot of other qualifiers of course, but that in itself makes a huge difference on some of these.

For example, the new woodland elf list, the windpeople list, the demon gate list, and the onyx legion list are all great when it comes to their lists and FAs to work with.

But, several of those, while still potent, are not geared as well for use in a regular head to head match up.

Same would be true if the new Razig idea of Land Lubber goes thru.

As far as just head to head armies, I think both Michael and now Gus have done an amazing job of keeping both a strong flair for each faction's concept, while also keeping the game and all factions balanced as a whole. Each faction will still have another faction or two that they match up very well against no matter what they field, and yet have a couple others that they really struggle against unless they bring the exact build they need to against that enemy.

I think the biggest difference is that many of the earlier built up armies dont have as many flyers or burrowers as the newer added stuff. So, it does give a few of the newer groups more options from that regard, but, even then it is still not unbalanced.