Sign in to follow this  
Stubbdog

Sister sister

Volandria the new blade sister mounted archer. Just posted in the gallery today...

Oh.

Great Model! Her stats don't impress me. She is pretty equivelent to a centaur archer. She seems a little weak for a factions star solo.

She seems a little weak for a factions star solo.

Subfaction, actually, and I wouldn't even go so far as to call the Bladesisters a true subfaction at the moment.

She seems a little weak for a factions star solo.

Subfaction, actually, and I wouldn't even go so far as to call the Bladesisters a true subfaction at the moment.

And they are equivelent size to Bulls, Goblins, Razig, and Reptus.

Equivalent in the total number of datacards, perhaps. Bladesisters have only three soldiers to choose from, and two of them are adepts. There is little variety to work with compared to the armies you listed. They also have no Bladesister-specific special rules like other subfactions do in order to make up for using only Bladesister models in an army.

Note, however, that I am not saying the Bladesisters "suck." I have a new Bladesister army and hope to do very well with them, despite their limitations. I have, however, no illusions about how much time and practice I will have to invest in them to do well with them.

Equivalent in the total number of datacards, perhaps. Bladesisters have only three soldiers to choose from, and two of them are adepts. There is little variety to work with compared to the armies you listed. They also have no Bladesister-specific special rules like other subfactions do in order to make up for using only Bladesister models in an army.

Note, however, that I am not saying the Bladesisters "suck." I have a new Bladesister army and hope to do very well with them, despite their limitations. I have, however, no illusions about how much time and practice I will have to invest in them to do well with them.

They have the default merc abilities of Scoundrel's Luck and Change of Heart, and they no longer need to take a warlord... and now they can field anyones Warlord, which are as useful as some of the other FAs, plus they all pretty much have ranger. The ability to take 10 Shieldmaidens or Rathuros or the Hydra or multiple Reborns or Moraia's or take the Witch Queen or Judas which would make them better than a few sub-factions.

anyone know is she seperate from the horse?

Yes, I know.

and

Yes, she is separate.

((see, originally I had typed in "yes", thinking that I was implying that she was separate. Then I saw that it could be interpreted that I was just saying that I knew, but not being helpful. And while I do enjoy the tease, this is not my intention. So I had to go back in and all all those extra words just to explain my meaning.))