Spirit of the Century!

lstormhammer

Well, I was hoping for some more interest, but I'm sure we'll have fun anyway.

I ran out of time tonight, but I'll try and make some major progress on Quade tomorrow. I've got a few ideas tumbling around in my noggin on some aspects and possible ideas for my pulp novel, but they still have to gel into something more coherent!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey stormie!!!

I might be interested in this one. I'm more of a GM when it comes to play by post, but I like the pulp era so let me think of something & I'll get back to yah if I want to play.

thou if you get players to fill out the group, then by all means go for it, don't wait on me.

later

RM

Hi, all!

Firstly, still interested in doing this. With luck, I'll keep it short and sweet, and not drag it too long. That's what kills games. (that, and everyone and their uncle having an entourage...)

I'm planning on some jungle-esque activities, and all the fun and games that entails...

Still have room for more (no more than 4-6, please). And we'll see what we have!

If you have a chance, check out the SotC wiki (posted previously) to get a flavor of the game...

--J.

Alright LSH, let me have a look at the wiki and all that and I'll get back to you. If I do play, I figured I would draw a character from my own experience as an Anthropologist, so why not go for the Archaeologist who has a keen eye for pottery and gemstones.

Suprisingly, E. That's an excellent idea.

One of the great parts about the SotC system (FATE 3.0) is that you can play interesting, non-combat-oriented characters.

My tabletop campaign had a scientist who would be furious if someone used her inventions for war.

--LSH.

Check out the Wiki for SotC, there's some interesting things included in there, especially about the characters. In essence, SotC characters are born on midnight or within hours of 01-01-1900. They are called 'The Centurions' and are the heroes of the century, who will help mold the fate of mankind for this bright, new century.

But be careful! For where there is light, there is darkness! Those born on 12-31-1899 are just as villianous as our characters are virtuous! They are the Shadow Centurions, and they seek to enslave mankind to their own nefarious plans...

So most characters are going to be about 33, in the prime of their life, hailed and regaled for their previous actions. They are the ones you go to when no one else can solve that which ails the world!

--LSH.

Just making some notes for the game, I see that both Haldir and CuCulain are interested in playing grease monkey types. This is fine, but I also could see some cross-pollenation happening there. Which is a fancy way of saying 'stepping on toes'. :)

I'll leave it to you two to hammer it out. Maybe they're twins, and one of them is evil....

--J.