Amethyst Dragon

IG88

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always assumed (I know, I know) they were 25mm, I have a couple of them and that's how they come across, the "accessories" they carry would be pretty ridiculous in any other scale in my mind

AWESOME work, by the way, the thing has a real "gemlike" quality, like you can se "within" the skin somehow, really REALLY slick work!

The depth you achieved on the wings is rather stricking too, the original sculpts weren't nearly as "3-D" as I like, so there's a lot of great work making the thing really "pop" on that figure, sweet work indeed!

Thanks for the compliments friends, the scale is 25mm, if you can find an actual 25mm based miniature, Ral partha/Grenadier he is about the right size for a young adult dragon. Not very big though compared to the current 28mm(yeah right try 32mm+ if you actually pull out the ruler) models. The huge size dragons are pretty much invincible to a group of adventurers, these smaller young adult size ones could actually be beaten by a smart party.

Now, for the record, I'm not bashing the fact that current models are larger in fact if you have ever tried to paint an old 25mm model it can be tough on the eyes and very unforgiving on an unsteady hand. The newer size is easier to paint, sculpted with better detail and is overall better in my opinion. Actually it would be cool if everything was master series size I think minis wer kept small for so long due to the fact that many played army based games like warhammer. now that more people are playing smaller skirmish/D&D with figures type games I imagine the size may eventually get bigger. who knows time will tell.