Put my ferret to sleep today

mooseyjoe

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had to do that with my ex's ferret for the same reason about 7 years ago. My ferret had passed away about 3 months earlier, she was 8 years old when it happened. I am sorry, I know how attached you can get to the little destructive monsters. I have'nt gotten another yet because it did'nt feel right yet.

Always hate to hear of a pet dying.

I had to put two dogs to sleep this past year, last Autumn and this past March/April. My ferret died last Summer she was 8 1/2 very old for a ferret. The dogs were born in the Spring of 92 & 93, so they were very old for bulldog type dogs. We have one dog left. A Patterdale Terrier -very similar to a Jack Russel- she is a very spry '98 model. I'm hoping she makes it to 20. All in not a good year for pets at my house, but we had our first baby last spring so having him has kind of eased losing the older pets.

We hope to buy a house next year and I'll probably get a puppy. I want something small like a Teacup Rat Terrier that I can horde and not share with the wife and kid :devil: for myself and carry everywhere I go. Or maybe something ultra rare like a Norwegian Lundhund. If we move to the country I'll start a pack of Beagles or Patterdales to hunt with.

My condolances on you loss Moosey. It's always hard when one of our friends heads off to the bridge.

If it makes anybody feel any better, my mother-in-law's cat had 5 kittens this morning.

That does not make me feel better. :angry: That cat needs to be spayed.

Sorry for your loss Moosey. Been through it recently myself.

One thing that helped me was to go to a ceramic place with my wife and paint up a little porcelian statue in the likeness of my kitty. Reaper has a ferret figure in one of the familiar packs - paint it up real nice, and proudly display it (of course, that's REALLY small - maybe you can find something bigger). It was therapeutic to paint her likeness myself - it helped etch her indelibly into my memory.