Rise of the Runelords game

haldir

Has everyone done the conversion to Pathfinder for the skill ranks. I think this is one of the biggest differences between 3.5 and Pathfinder. Ranks are harder to come by, and mean a lot more, as do class skills.

I should be done this evening. Just need to purchase my equipment, and part of that is waiting for Randy to respond.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am waiting for my rulebook to arrive, or even the damn pdf version to be emailed to me/appear on my paizo downloads page, but from what I have seen in the SRD so far, I am liking this version. Cleans up a lot of the crap that I didn't like about 3.x

Still not going to burn my 4E stuff, or 3.X stuff, but it's cool to have yet another option.

Has everyone done the conversion to Pathfinder for the skill ranks.

yep, though i haven't made any changes since the offical realease of PFRPG

no worries on when you get your character to me Mike, enjoy the game ::):

As far as Jal, the Hexblade is concern really more or less just convert his skills over & all the other pre stuff like human bonuses & such. I'll probably keep the class the way it is, for now.

RM

As far as Jal, the Hexblade is concern really more or less just convert his skills over & all the other pre stuff like human bonuses & such. I'll probably keep the class the way it is, for now.

RM

ok, looking over the SRD (the dam pdf is so friggin slow :angry: ), i see they switched to a ranking system, human don't get a free weapon prof. hmmm... guess i'll be reading the srd in length tonight :blink:::D:

From the recuitment thread

Classes:

Pathfinder rpg. the Warmage & Hexblade are grandfathered in, but I'd like to just keep with the PF book from now on.

so the other wotc books are out?

if you would please update the first page (or let me know here) so that i may know which books I can draw upon. such as are we only drawing feats, classes, PR classes from PFRPG?

I'm fine with advancing the Hexblade as is and drawing primarly from the PFRPG book if that's what your after/want.

Stats: stats have been preset with the following numbers--15,14,13,12,10,8 arranged in any order with an addition of +3 added however you'd like (+2, +1, or +1,+1,+1 or straight +3) before racial mods are added.

So with the above stats (and +3 bonus), do we still add in the PF race stat bonus(es)?

Stats: stats have been preset with the following numbers--15,14,13,12,10,8 arranged in any order with an addition of +3 added however you'd like (+2, +1, or +1,+1,+1 or straight +3) before racial mods are added.

So with the above stats (and +3 bonus), do we still add in the PF race stat bonus(es)?

My emphasis added

Anton Regin

Male Human Cleric 1 of Sarenrae (Fire, Sun)

NG Medium Humanoid

6'2", 184 lb, Dark brown hair/eyes, Pale skin, Chelish descent, 20 years old.

Init +0; Senses: Perception +3

DEFENSE

AC 15, Touch 10, Flat-Footed 15 (+0 Dexterity, Chain Shirt, Light Steel Shield)

CMD 12

HP 9 (1d8 +1)

Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft (6 squares)

Base Attack Bonus +0

CMB +2

Melee Touch +2, damage per spell

Melee Shortspear +2, 1d6+2, x2

Melee Mace +2, 1d6+2, x2

Melee Dagger +2, 1d4+2, 19-20 x2

Ranged Touch +0, damage per spell

Ranged Shortspear +0, 1d6+2, 20ft, x2

Ranged Dagger +0, 1d4+2, 10ft, 19-20 x2

Special Attacks: Spells, Channel Energy, Fire Bolt

STATISTICS

Str 14(+2) Dex 10(+0) Con 12(+1), Int 10(+0), Wis 16(+3), Cha 15(+2)

Feats: City Born (Magnimar) +1 Reflex, +2 Diplomacy; Catch Off Guard No penalty for improvised weapons, opponents considered flat-footed if unarmed; Combat Casting +4 Concentration when casting defensively or grappled.

Skills: Diplomacy +8, Heal +7, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Sense Motive +7

Languages: Chelaxian (Common)

Combat Gear: Chainshirt, Light Steel Shield, Shortspear x2, Mace, Dagger

Other Gear: Wooden Holy Symbol, Explorer's Outfit, Traveller's Outfit x2, Chest, Average Lock, Signal Whistle, Manacles, Good Lock

Wealth: 21 gp, 2 sp

Class Abilities:

Aura Faint 1, Moderate 2-4, Strong 5-10, Overwhelming 11+

Spells Save DC 13 + spell level. By level: 0: 3, 1: 2 +1

Channel Energy (Standard) 5/day; 1d6; Damage undead heal enemies in 30ft radius. Will save DC for 1/2 = 13.

Domains Fire: Fire Bolt (Standard) 6/day. Ranged touch attack, 30 ft, single target. 1d6 +1/2 level;

Sun: Channel Divinity Add cleric level to damage vs undead. Undead do not add channel resistance to saves.

Orisons Prepared as spells, not expended when cast and can be reused.

Spontaneous Casting Convert any spell (not Orison or Domain) into equivalent level or lower Cure spell.

Anton has served in the Sandpoint city watch for the past 2 years, and remains one of the youngest members of the force. From a devout family, he has always held Sarenrae in his heart, but has only recently begun to hear the call to serve her. Still unsure of the new gifts the goddess has granted him, he is hesitant to use them openly, and more often than not, uses them unconsciously, lacking any formal training from a traditional church. Anton is friendly and charming, capable of putting most anyone at ease. He is slow to anger and is well respected amongst his peers on the Watch for his ability to diffuse most situations without the need to resort to hands on. That does not mean Anton is afraid of a fight, but simply prefers to use words first. As many a belligerent drunk, petty thief or miscreant has learned, you can yell and scream all you want, but if you lay a hand on Anton, you will wake up in a cell with a large knot on the back of your head from his steel baton. Anton maintains a room in a local inn [Randy can pick an appropriate one] where he exchanges the occasional chore and off duty time minding the taproom for his room and board.

Edited by Qwyksilver

One thing I am unhappy with in Pathfinder so far is that there is a distinct lack of information on the dieties. You get the table in the Class section about Clerics, and then the various domain text. Otherwise, there is no other information. Nothing about appearances, who would worship them, etc.

There is a softback that covers the gods of Golarian in detail.

Books Probably just Pathfinder & whatever Paizo makes & Wizo books, hmmm I'm switching over to OGL stuff, so just ask me which one you want to use & I'll give you the thumbs up or down on it.

that goes for everyone actually

RM

There is a softback that covers the gods of Golarian in detail.

Books Probably just Pathfinder & whatever Paizo makes & Wizo books, hmmm I'm switching over to OGL stuff, so just ask me which one you want to use & I'll give you the thumbs up or down on it.

that goes for everyone actually

RM

Salenrae is the diety of choice. Basically a female version of Pelor.