Evolution of the Darkspawn Isiri

I don't know if many of you have seen the preview for the upcoming Isiri Warrior and Isiri Archer, but they are quite different from the other Isiri in the game.

14386_G.jpg14385_G.jpg

Looks like the Isiri are going to be sort of mutated... I can't make out all the detail in the hands, feet, and face, but they look to have clawed feet, no mouth, longer ears, and is that Bow built into his arm?

Just for reference, the original Isiri were more typical Dark elf, as seen here:

06111_G.jpg

So what are you thoughts on the new models? I know some time ago there was alot of people asking for an Isiri grunt resculpt, so how did they do?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to getting some of these and painting them up. Something other than the same old "Drow flesh" scheme for these bad boys (and girls, if either still apply to these mutants)

I really like how the heads turned out...for the archer shouldn't the bow be turned the other way?

Is that actually a bow? Kind of looks like some sort of pincher or wing mutation of the forearm - like the left arm is in the "open" position, while the right is in the "closed" position. I say that because it looks like it's attached to the arm with some sort of muscle.

Of course, hard to tell without seeing the actual mini.

I really like how the heads turned out...for the archer shouldn't the bow be turned the other way?

Is that actually a bow? Kind of looks like some sort of pincher or wing mutation of the forearm - like the left arm is in the "open" position, while the right is in the "closed" position. I say that because it looks like it's attached to the arm with some sort of muscle.

Of course, hard to tell without seeing the actual mini.

He is labeled as the Isiri Archer. So I would assume that apendage is some kind of ranged weapon.

These new Isiri are more true to the original art Talin did for them. IIRC his idea was of a cross between demons and dark elves with the weapons growing out of them.

Ahh the joys of going to ReaperCon. ::):

For the most part I like them. I'm not sure on the arms but will hold judgement till I own some.

When I was painting a bunch of the original sculpts, I kept thinking they must have paid Matt in peanuts to sculpt these, or else gave him like a two day deadline. Let's just say the lack of detail on them helped improve my paint surgery skills. When I heard they were getting new sculpts, I was grinding my teeth, but at the same time quite glad since they could not possibly get worse. Well, I don't think they got better. Maybe I just don't like the concept of models lacking facial features. Never could get used to the dark Maiden's face either. I think Broken fodder are much more successful models.

I think what I would do if I wanted to paint up some darkspawn is get a bunch of cool looking elven warriors and archers, and paint them up as dark elves. With the new proxie rules, it's a completely acceptible, and to me, desirable, option.

I'm hoping for some cool Ice demons, pun intended.

I guess making dark pacts with demons turns out to have some serious consequences, huh?

Apparently.

I like that they are no longer elves but mutations. As for the sculpts... I'm not feeling them. Especially the Lobster claw hands.

Thorgrim will be bringing a seafood fork and brazier of melted butter to the next battle.

Can you smell what the King is Cookin'? It'll be crustacean smack-down.

I like them and I don't.

I like that they have longer ears. I kind of like the head as well. The lack of a nose and mouth can be altered to look like they are wearing masks. I like the clawed feet.

I don't like the weird appendages on the archer. How does that work? I not sure I like that the others sword is melded to her hand. Whats up with the skulls? I'm not sure I like the skulls either but I can live with that.

Over all I think they are better looking than the old ones.

Thanks alot for sharing those pics Bryan, it does alot to show off how these models really look. The isiri being something different than your typical elf is really cool.

The warrior looks 10 times better. The growth coming out of her arm as a shield is very cool. I love their faces, it really adds something new to the game, and their larger ears really adds to them feeling like an entirely new race. Not sure how I feel about the blade, but it's something I can deal with.

The archer, I am still on the fence. Seeing him painted helps, but I'm not OK with my Isiri shooting spikes out of their arms. I know it's all flavor and your personal taste may vary, but I don't like it.

Over all, I think these guys are a really cool step in giving people who didn't like the originals something new, and I look forward to seeing some of the leaders/elites getting resculpted.