Sign in to follow this  
Vikinglodge

Reaper pots or squize bottles??

Ok I have a question for all you guys.

Now lately I have gotten a little irritated with my paintpots. This is my only tiff with them paint drys op in the lid area then drops into the paint and breaks up into these tiny litle pieces, and then when you paint you get it on your mini and it can ruin your paintjob.

So this is my question is this one of the main reasons some of you use the vallejo type squeze bottle??

I'm looking for a selection of squeeze-bottle style pots on the cheap so I can transfer all my paints to them.

If anyone has a line on them, drop me a message.

--LSH

Anne and another person at Origins recommended western-plastics.com. I called them and placed an order. However, in 2 days they hadn't gotten back to me about how much the order would be. I checked online and found another distributor (SKS Bottles) and placed an order with them. here is a link to what I ordered (About .30 each with lid and cap)

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin21.html

Try Tap Plastics, WWW.tapplastics.com

They have half ounce and one ounce bottles with caps (15 cents), droppers that can be added (10 cents), etc.  They ship UPS ground, so if you are in the US, that won't be much.

Ok I have a question for all you guys.

Now lately I have gotten a little irritated with my paintpots. This is my only tiff with them paint drys op in the lid area then drops into the paint and breaks up into these tiny litle pieces, and then when you paint you get it on your mini and it can ruin your paintjob.

So this is my question is this one of the main reasons some of you use the vallejo type squeze bottle??

I've had the same problem with my paints especially metallics. I think this happens from removing the cap right after shaking thus allowing the paint to get on the threads of cap and pot and the next time the cap is removed the paint has dried then falls into the pot. Now I wait a few seconds after shaking before removing the cap, I haven't noticed the problem lately.

E. Lopez

Hey Gergle.  Any chance I could get a more detailed link?  I can't find the bottles you're talking about from the home page of tapplastics.

Just a thought: Are you leaving the paint jar open while you paint?  I usually use a toothpick to scoop up a glob of paint to drop on the old piece of tile I use as a pallette.  Keeps my paint from getting a skin and the lid doesn't crust up.

As far as Vallejos go, I went with them for a couple reasons.  The bottles were much friendlier to my arthritic joints than those from GW, the pigment was much stronger than the Polly paints I'd been using, I like a lot of the colors, and the way it behaved on my brush was exactly what I was looking for.

I'm having the same problem with Western Plastics.  It's too bad too, because I think they have the best deal. I'm not sure I like those spout tips, I like the dropper tip better because it will store easier and the cap screws on.

Western plastics bottles are 24 cents a bottle assembled with dropper tips and caps, $5 shipping.

I too am tired of trying to open dryed up Citadel paint bottles, so all my Citadel and Reaper paints are going into dropper bottles.

I've solved my problem with a trip to Sally's Beauty Supply.

Great place. I found some things to use for careful scraping off of green putty I use to fill holes when assembling minis as well as these little plastic makeup spoons that are perfect for scooping out a bit of paint from a bottle and adding to my palette. I was using eyedroppers I got at a drugstore, but paint ends up sticking to the inside. The plastic spoons are easily cleaned and you can pick up a package of about 10 spoons for about $1.00.

I advise browsing Sally Beauty. There's stuff there that's cheaper but basically the same thing as at the hobby stores (especially HobbyTown USA).

And I recently discovered my FLGS has FINALLY started carrying Vallejo paints. I'm very happy about this and want to try them out, but I don't have room since I've already replaced all my old PollyS paints with Reaper Pro.

little plastic makeup spoons that are perfect for scooping out a bit of paint from a bottle and adding to my palette.

I've said it before....

a quick trip inside your local McDonalds can get you some coffee stirrers, for free, same idea as the spoons.

my favorite word, free.

YMMV

cbs :upside:

These are wider and then I wouldn't be tempted to buy fries or anything...

just tempted to dye my hair purple, though.

Got my 1oz bottles the other day. They are a little bigger than I anticipated but that's okay. I finally got all my Reaper paints poured into these (Including the mixing skulls, can't leave those behind). I did notice some of my paints had gotten some chunks in them, I hope those go away with some addition of extender or float in the future (Would hate to think they were getting too old).

Anyways, so far I love the bottles. No more screwing and unscrewing a cap, little to no mess and easier to mix :) I even printed out labels on my printer and had professional looking labels for each bottle (I know too much free time *laugh*).

Just wanted to recommend these to others. :) Oh yeah and there are paints I'm missing!

John