Interview with Sandra Garrity

daHob

I was poking around YouTube the other day and ran across a fairly decent documentary about D&D. One of the episodes (it is broken into 24 pieces) was about miniatures and featured a Garrity as she was working on Jolie the Bard. I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but here's the link anyway:

link

I found it interesting. The rest of the pieces are good as well.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandra is about the sweetest person you'll ever meet. If you get a chance to meet her, or know she's at a convention you're at, make a point to go by and say hi to her. She's awesome. :wub:

Yeah. I know I've met her at least once (I live near Reaper and often sneak into various goings-on).

That was cool. and it's Olivia the Bard...

so the one on Girls, is dumb. I got into gaming due to another girl, not 'cuz my boyfriend or husband did. It just works out that my husband does.

but back on topic. I got to say a few gushing words to Sandra at Gen Con '05, and she is as sweet as she seems.

I think she might be my all-time favorite sculptor, ever since I got into minis in the early 90's. One very early purchase was her AD&D Frost Giant. That guy is still cool. She also did the AD&D White Dragon, and those two are my favorite monsters.

In fact, when Reaper came along I was working in a game store and absolutely an exclusive RP guy. Only when I discovered that she was sculpting for Reaper as well (Sidrith, Sword Sister if I recall) did I actually take them seriously as a contender.

Of course we all know how things turned out, but back then Reaper was just an upstart.

I gave up minis in 1997, and came back in 2004. At first I intended to collect only old RP, but then I wandered into this website and took a look around. Ral who? lol.

Reaper is awesome.