Wagga with Malfunctioning Warhammer

fieldarchy

post-2071-1183820716.jpgpost-2071-1183820735.jpg

post-2071-1183820752.jpg

Here's the green wagga. The pictures are terrible. Out of all three of the backgrounds I have these pictures turned out the best. I'm going to have to have Anne fix my photo station once I move!

Oh and VV, the purple is just for you! I love the way the purple on this one turned out! It's very nice!

• Like 1

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waggas are about the size of a halfling. They are rambuncious little guys who make good rogues or barbarians. However, in order to do anything that a normal humanoid would do, such as keep watch, string a bow, etc. they have to make concentration checks because they have ADD. They are great at improvisation as is seen with the one above who is using a sword as a warhammer! They like creating havoc and playing pranks!

It's actually metallic purple. I took the sparkling amethyst I have, which I think has gone bad, but the purple ink inside was still good. Odd . . . anyway, I did a solid coating of the amethyst paint and then started adding pearl white. I now know what paints to use for good metallic purple armor! YAY! Good thing too since I'm going to paint a Knight of the Purple Dragon . . .

The green is pretty well done, I just don't like it on a Wagga.. it just doesn't look right, like it's a mutated offspring of the Jolly Green Giant.

The metallic purple looks ok, but the gold (or brass?) and steel parts of the "warhammer" look a bit flat.

I like the flowers on the base, nice touch.

::):

:wub:

This is my favorite of the waggas so far! The purple scabbard came out great and the flowers are the right scale for waggas as well. The bronze and silver metallics are a little bit flat though, tint some mithril silver or RMS equiv with just a touch of gray liner and hit the lower half of the blade to give it some dimension and Smoke the under side of the hilt to add a little more dimension, maybe?

Metallics need lovin' too, y'know :poke:

I agree the sword needs some work still. It's one of those things I've been looking at the waggas for a week now and sometimes you just get tired of what you are looking at. I actually used the Steel and Gold triads. The shadows just aren't dark enough in my opinion. The rest of the mini I am satisfied with. I will go home and touch him up later. I'm currently at a friends doing laundry and sculpting while I wait. I like the fact that I can take sculpting stuff with me anywhere just about! It makes doing mundane tasks like laundry much more fun.

Nice job, Meg. I like the way the purple off-sets the green.

Remember Richard from Gen Con last year? He did amazing things mixing metalics with ink and then layering. I don't know if you had a chance to talk to him about his technique, but I really liked it.

I was looking for something else last night (some familiars) and found my Waggas from Gen Con. Maybe I'll paint them like Siamese cats. I have some other things to finish first, though.