Bad paints

Heya folks,

I know that I asked yall this before but I wanted to make sure before I take these back to my Local store.

Below is 2 of my 4 bad paints. Just wanted to make sure yall are seeing what Im seeing here. The two on the left, Midnight and Twilight blue are baaad right?

post-3868-1184307506.jpg

lw

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the pigment has "curdled" or something- time to relegate them to washing terrain or something, you can get some interesting effects with partially pooched paint on really absorbent surfaces like say plaster- unless the paint has separated so badly that it's a lump of pigment floating in a clear "goo", then it's truly dead

They are grainy. Unfortunately, I think you're out of luck. I just bought brand new bottles of those blues... they're the same. I'm afraid the RMS blues... particularly darker ones... just have big pigment or something. Maybe Anne can explain.

You really can't thin them... especially for washes or anything.

They're Master Series, right? Did you check the list of bad batches? Anne did say that there had been some problems with the base for the darker paints that have been corrected since. Send 'em to Reaper and get replacements from the fresh batch.

If I ever remember to send mine back, it'll be a happy day.. thinking on it... three of them contain blue...