Rage Chronicles

Additionally, until a new edition of Warlord is printed, a printed version of the current RAGE Chronicles will be bundled with the existing printed copies of Warlord at no additional charge. A stand-alone printed copy of the annual RAGE Chronicles will be available for sale through normal distribution channels and on our website.

From the Pinned: Warlord 2007 Update - Rage Chronicles FAQ post

Has this been implemented yet? I'm sure the printed version has not made it to the final stages, but are the newly purchased rulebooks bundled with any type of the RC2007 doc?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Additionally, until a new edition of Warlord is printed, a printed version of the current RAGE Chronicles will be bundled with the existing printed copies of Warlord at no additional charge. A stand-alone printed copy of the annual RAGE Chronicles will be available for sale through normal distribution channels and on our website.

From the Pinned: Warlord 2007 Update - Rage Chronicles FAQ post

Has this been implemented yet? I'm sure the printed version has not made it to the final stages, but are the newly purchased rulebooks bundled with any type of the RC2007 doc?

Not yet. We'll make an announcement when it happens. This is still the plan though.

I have a suggestion that I think might be affordable to impliment and would make alot of Warlord players happy, especially those who have not yet bought the new rules.

I am making the assumption that printing a Casketworks is not horribly expensive, or else Reaper would not give them away so freely, right?

I also assume it would not take much tweaking to format the for-print RAGE Chronicles document to fit into the Casketworks print format.

Could Reaper not produce a printed RAGE Chronicles at or near the cost of producing a Casketworks and get it into the hands of game players alot more cheaply and efficneitly?

Tis just a thought from a person who does not want to see Warlord's popularity dwindle.

I have a suggestion that I think might be affordable to impliment and would make alot of Warlord players happy, especially those who have not yet bought the new rules.

I am making the assumption that printing a Casketworks is not horribly expensive, or else Reaper would not give them away so freely, right?

I also assume it would not take much tweaking to format the for-print RAGE Chronicles document to fit into the Casketworks print format.

Could Reaper not produce a printed RAGE Chronicles at or near the cost of producing a Casketworks and get it into the hands of game players alot more cheaply and efficneitly?

Tis just a thought from a person who does not want to see Warlord's popularity dwindle.

Please don't do that:

I am guessing that you use mid south or some other newspaper printer in the area..... for casket works...

You definitely want something better quality than that.

You definitely want something without a residual smell ..

and you probaly want something with a bindry..

Speaking as a player who at present would be required to spend 30+ dollars to get my RAGE Chronicles printed, I think I could live without fancy binding or highest-quality paper if it meant getting me some printed rules in hand at a price I can afford.

As for the quality of CasketWorks, I have never had (nor have I ever heard) any complaints about the ink, paper or binding... or the smell, for that mater.

For a giveaway catalogue I believe CW is of very high quality...and not smelly at all.

Speaking as a player who at present would be required to spend 30+ dollars to get my RAGE Chronicles printed, I think I could live without fancy binding or highest-quality paper if it meant getting me some printed rules in hand at a price I can afford.

As for the quality of CasketWorks, I have never had (nor have I ever heard) any complaints about the ink, paper or binding... or the smell, for that mater.

For a giveaway catalogue I believe CW is of very high quality...and not smelly at all.

As a person who does color control for large scale printing presses.

I am in all types of print shops

I recognize the need to save money as well as all the ways the printer is saving money. Quality of Casketworks is poor.. I suspect the cover and full color insert cost as much to print as the rest of the catalog.

Also depending upon time of year etc...

Case in point most computer resolutions are higher than the print in the magazine... The inverse is usually true BTW

Spike you have now heard of someone complaining about the ink paper binding and smell...They are less than adequate.

Also if you are paying 30+ dollars to get Rage Chronicles printed I have to say Yikes It's only 56 pages.... 23 in duplex and 12 in booklet... Wow are you getting ripped off A dollar a page?

personally I Like the PDF. I have Adobe so I can edit as I want...

Yes , there is that but I would have liked to see more colour in it . B&W is boring . :down:

but this way its also a coloring book!!!!

as far as the give the RC07 doc to new players, the LGS has a standing offer from me to print the cronicles for anyone who buys the book. (go laser duplex printer)

At my printers, getting a PDF file printed costs extra. I know the last round we had done was just datacards, and it was around 10 bucks. That's at STaples. If I do B&W text-only here, it's not so bad, but getting the for-print file done would burn through almost an entire cartridge.

I printed mine at work (my boss lets me use up his toner) duplex on three hole punch paper. I'll slap it into a report cover and I'm fine.

And then when I have some time I'll print off a couple more and put them out at the FLGS for folks to read.

Suck 'em in!