Sign in to follow this  
rgtriplec

Model of the Week Dark Dwarf Warrior

I'm not sure about this guy they seem a little expensive. Compared to Tomb Guards (my favorite soldier model) who are only 1 point more they seem lacking. The TG get +1 to Move, +2 to Dis, +1 DV and they are Fearsome and Undead. Quite a bit more for 1 point.

They are also very slow compaired to most of the other Hanged/Neutral soldiers. After a double move in the first turn they are 2-6 inches behind, when the rest of the army is hitting the enemy they are 3-9 behind.

You could slow the rest of the army down but then you are negating one of the real strengths of models like Cultist, Ragers, Minotaurs Thugs, Spearmen, Axes, Xbows and O.Ronins that have moves of six or seven. Granted with a musician they can keep up with the pirates but chances are pirates are going to find a nice spot and slow fire until the are charged.

I would have liked to see them with Berserker or Fearlless and Critical Strike/2 and Smite/Reptus/1.

Right now I think I'll probably use Ronins and Ragers as my big guys.

Note that the Dark Dwarves have a better overall DV, MD, and MAV, due to their slower degradation. ::):

The few times I've used them, I had them hang back by my spellcaster and archers for protection. They definitely can't compete with the other Merc soldiers for movement, so I just used them as meat shields. ::D:

Note that the Dark Dwarves have a better overall DV, MD, and MAV, due to their slower degradation. ::):

The few times I've used them, I had them hang back by my spellcaster and archers for protection. They definitely can't compete with the other Merc soldiers for movement, so I just used them as meat shields. ::D:

They would definately work as range protection.

I just like the models; I'm hoping we get another pose. This one is easily converted with a weapon swap. I haven't played them yet, so I can't comment on their statistics, but they have a great look to them. Other companies have done evil dwarves, some cartoony, some just mangled, but I think Reaper did these sculpts, juuuust right.

I still haven't figured out a paint scheme yet, but once I do, I'll have at least a unit on the board, meat shields or otherwise.