Sign in to follow this  
ZILLA

Quality of Pre-painted Legendary Encounters

Question for the Reaper guys -- are these painted with lead paint? We've been having a lot of recalls from China lately because of this issue, and there's some question at the moment about WotC's prepaints, for example.

I don't have any of the information about that, but I'll try to point this toward the right person to answer it.

Well, if they are painted with lead-based paint, you'll be fine so long as you don't try to EAT them.

I think the consern is more for Children and Pets in house holds ^_^ ..... as I have cats that get into everything and a dog that tries to eat everything I am some what conserned about this as well.

Well, if they are painted with lead-based paint, you'll be fine so long as you don't try to EAT them.

Well they are kinda soft and chewy. I shouldn't give them to my niece as a teething toy?

I saw the news article about the Fisher Price toy recall and immediately thought about Reaper PPMs. Somewhere somebody said the PPMs are made in the same facility that makes Playskool toys.

I hope there turns out to be no need for a recall, and I am sure Reaper does too. I suppose if worst came to worst and a recall was necessary, it's better to have it happen now just as the models were shipping to distributors rather than three/six/nine weeks away when everybody has them.

My fingers are crossed, hoping for the best.

I was up at The Asylum today and got a good look at the LE mini's in person and I have to say they look really nice. The pictures don't do them justice at all, they're pretty darned sweet.

Ok children a little story....

Bill the GM needs skeletons. He can:

A: go buy them from his local LGS at 40 bucks for a blister of 12-15 (not sure how many are in the Army pack) and then glue for 1-5 bucks a bottle. He then spends 1-10 dollars for primmer, 2-4 bucks for brushes, another 10 t0 20 for paint and spends about 2-8 hours painting the models.

B: He can buy a few PPM D&D boxes at 10-15 bucks a pop and hopes he gets what he needs

C: He goes on E-bay, prays he does not have to get into a bidding war over a lot of skeletons, then hopes the shipping does not get jacked up finally hopping the item is sent in a timely manner and does not get lost.

D: Walks into a LGS drops a 20 spot on the counter walks out with about 10 undeadies.

For those complaining about the quality...if you can match that quality for that price (keep in mind those two go hand in hand) or do better I would like to see you try. Some how I bet you have a led closet of shame at home that would make most people cry.

Also....THESE MINIS ARE NOT MEANT FOR YOU, they are ment to put massive amounts of mooks on the table fast, easy and afforable. For those complainign that their 4 year old can do better. Prove it, hand the kid a brush. Not everyone has a child slave they can put to work to paint thier minis and to be honest I would rather take the time to paint a Cleric to Turn the skeletons then to actully paint the skeletons. Lastly for every one of you whiners who claims you will not buy any I can gurendamntee you that there will be 20 others who do. It would not surprise me if these things do not last past Friday at Gencon.

Lastly...do the blisters come with swag points?

Speaking of buying.. I see they're in the online store.. YAY!

I'd be surprised if they DON'T come with swag-tags on the blisters. As much as I want one today though, I'm saving for when the blister multipacks become available. Believe it or not, I still have room for a few more orcs.

I was wondering though..who sculpted the varioius LE minis? Nowhere does it say, but I'm sure SOMEBODY must've had a hand in it somewhere (bad pun intended)

Oh..and RB it was at the painting table at RCon that I heard the comment about who made the minis.

Now that there are better pics in the online store, I'm much less skeptical and looking forward to seeing them at Gen Con. That is, if there are any left by the time I get there on Satyr-day.

Speaking of buying.. I see they're in the online store.. YAY!

I'd be surprised if they DON'T come with swag-tags on the blisters. As much as I want one today though, I'm saving for when the blister multipacks become available. Believe it or not, I still have room for a few more orcs.

I was wondering though..who sculpted the varioius LE minis? Nowhere does it say, but I'm sure SOMEBODY must've had a hand in it somewhere (bad pun intended)

Oh..and RB it was at the painting table at RCon that I heard the comment about who made the minis.

I'm pretty sure they're old sculpts re-done in plastic. I'll have to double check, but I think the skellies are the DHA army pack ones that Ed did.

Um, what Beowolf said.

As much as I like to paint everything myself I just can't swing the time and expense of a bunch of skellies, etc. when I could be spending them on things I really want to paint.

I haven't heard if my FLGS is going to stock these or not. I hope so, as I'm interested to see how they sell here.

Ok children a little story....

Bill the GM needs skeletons. He can:

A: go buy them from his local LGS at 40 bucks for a blister of 12-15 (not sure how many are in the Army pack) and then glue for 1-5 bucks a bottle. He then spends 1-10 dollars for primmer, 2-4 bucks for brushes, another 10 t0 20 for paint and spends about 2-8 hours painting the models.

B: He can buy a few PPM D&D boxes at 10-15 bucks a pop and hopes he gets what he needs

C: He goes on E-bay, prays he does not have to get into a bidding war over a lot of skeletons, then hopes the shipping does not get jacked up finally hopping the item is sent in a timely manner and does not get lost.

D: Walks into a LGS drops a 20 spot on the counter walks out with about 10 undeadies.

For those complaining about the quality...if you can match that quality for that price (keep in mind those two go hand in hand) or do better I would like to see you try. Some how I bet you have a led closet of shame at home that would make most people cry.

Also....THESE MINIS ARE NOT MEANT FOR YOU, they are ment to put massive amounts of mooks on the table fast, easy and afforable. For those complainign that their 4 year old can do better. Prove it, hand the kid a brush. Not everyone has a child slave they can put to work to paint thier minis and to be honest I would rather take the time to paint a Cleric to Turn the skeletons then to actully paint the skeletons. Lastly for every one of you whiners who claims you will not buy any I can gurendamntee you that there will be 20 others who do. It would not surprise me if these things do not last past Friday at Gencon.

Lastly...do the blisters come with swag points?

You missed the "Go to the buy-it now site on eBay that sells common DDMs like skeletons for 10 for $3.00, buy 20, pay $3.50 shipping and get 20 for under $10".

Yes, this is entirely possible, and not really difficult. I do it myself all the time. That's why I can't see myself buying things from the LE line like orcs and skeltons (maybe orcs for variety).

I will buy stuff like ogres, minoturs, etc. though and would love to see them make townsfolk & some others that DDM doesn't make.