WIPs for my Arthurian RPG campaign

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised no one is commenting on this thread I am loving what you are doing. The metallics look great as does the boar. I want to see them based and finished off.

Well - for my part it is stunned silence...

Looking at how the brutes skin started - and then how it looks now - I am still trying to peice it together. Fantastic job IW.

I am keeping an eye on this thread :unsure: - just quietly....

Also - I need to reference this the next time I use metallics (IE - giving my attempts at NMM a break).

Ok he's mostly done. I need to touch him up. Some things I didn't notice until I looked at the finished pics when I got home. He's got a splotch of silver on the back of his left arm. Gonna have to clean that up and a few other spots. His eyes are super small for a Bobby Jackson sculpt which is difficult because my eyes are getting worse and worse. :wacko:

brutewip20.jpg

brutewip21.jpg

brutewip22.jpg

brutewip23.jpg

I'm gonna put some final shots up in the show off soon. These are just some quick snap shots after I finished his base.

I've always liked using metallics and you just confirmed my feelings that if done right they look great! Just started doing some NMM on a project and have had mixed results.

Like how you did the eyes on the boar, really jump out at you.

The skin turned out good as well but I'm not sure I care for the green tunic. don't know what I would have done with it though.

I've always liked using metallics and you just confirmed my feelings that if done right they look great! Just started doing some NMM on a project and have had mixed results.

Like how you did the eyes on the boar, really jump out at you.

The skin turned out good as well but I'm not sure I care for the green tunic. don't know what I would have done with it though.

Yeah I think I will clean that tunic up a bit. It's a bit splotchier than I would like. I use that technique all the time on my Khador troops for Warmachine and it usually comes out a bit smoother. I think I just need to clean it up a bit here.

Great job on those metallics and also the OSL that you did on the dire boar, I've always been too chicken to try the OSL. I'd never thought of using a purple wash on the silver, but it really adds some depth. Keep up the good work and thatnks for showing.

John Lee