Hirst Arts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you plan on doing a lot of work, spring for a small dispenser of glue and tyhen refill it from the big containers you can get from Home Depot/WalMart.

That is what I do, but it's with this:

http://www.elmers.com/images/line_art/E1367_tmb_photo.jpg

Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Glue Pen

I looooooove this thing. It has a small detail point on one end and a flat, "spreading" point on the other. I would highly recommend picking it up, even if it's just to refill it with a heavier duty glue.

Good idea, I might try this. It looks a lot like a bleach pen! Guess it shouldn't be stored near a washer/dryer! ;-)

If you plan on doing a lot of work, spring for a small dispenser of glue and tyhen refill it from the big containers you can get from Home Depot/WalMart.

That is what I do, but it's with this:

http://www.elmers.com/images/line_art/E1367_tmb_photo.jpg

Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Glue Pen

I looooooove this thing. It has a small detail point on one end and a flat, "spreading" point on the other. I would highly recommend picking it up, even if it's just to refill it with a heavier duty glue.

Hey Toad,

I know its probably unconventional but if you got a camera, could you put up a WIP for what your doing? I've been thinking of getting some Hirst arts stuff and curious how ya go about it.

LW

Would love to, but I don't have any blocks made yet. In fact I don't even have the plaster yet, just the mold. But there are very detailed instructions and even some step-by-step on the website if you care to click around a bit. Probably be another month or so before I start casting, but when I begin, there will be pics.

Thanks everyone for the glue advice...

I'm in Montgomery, just south of Aurora - so a bit away from WI. I got the Ruined Tower mold. I'm planning on using it for a diorama and was going to use the dental plaster - expensive. Which is why it will take a month before I can afford to buy it. Do you guys use regular plaster? Something else?