Parents naming thier Kids Stupid names

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/is-it-a-bird-...S00010000000001

I realy have nothing to say. I guess I was lucky my parents had no choice in what I was to be called (6 generations to be called charles) but stupid names for kids know no bounds. As a former teacher I have seen many a name on a child that I wonder what where the parents thinking. I have seen girls named Candi, Cindi, and Saphhire and I wonder what club they will dance at when they get older. I have heard from a freind that he has a girl in his class named Placenta.

I just wonder do you realy want your kid to get beat up or scared emotionaly for life?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at a store I worked at we all breathed a sigh of releif when our co-worker had a boy, since a girl would have been named Mystique. no matter how many times we advised against giving her a stripper name, she wouldn't budge.

dumb names is also why I vetoed Anubis Zero, to my husband's dismay. His rationale was, if he had to put up with having a hard/stupid/difficult name, so could his kid. but he also wanted to teach said child to end everything he said with "this I command"

We're going with family names when we have kids.

Girl: Virginia Morgaine

Boy: Douglas Justin (1st) Henry Thomas (if we have 2 boys)

My friend plans on giving her kids 'normal' first names and 'fun/wierd' middle names. Whether this happens though...

Edited by Evilbob

That ranks right up there with Moon Unit, Dweezle, and Jermajesty :wacko:

If I ever get lucky enough to have a child they will have normal names. I'm partial to Samantha, Rachel, Rebecca, Isiah, Josiah, Jonah, Issac, and Abraham.

My Father went to school with kids who had the last name of Christmas. Those poor souls had Parents who must have been smoking something when they named them. Their names? Mary, Happy, and Kringle.

What strikes me as complete stupidity on the parents' behalf is that they not only do not have a grasp on what sorts of tortures their son will likely face on the schoolyard in later years with a name like Superman or 4Real, but they have NO understanding of what "street names" are all about.

Speaking from experience, a parent can name their child wahtever they want to ..but eventually most kids will earn their own nickname from their friends or siblings...and that's what they will answer to. The best a parent can do is give their child a name that will not embarass them when they have to give it in an official capacity (like to the tax man or the undertaker).

I'm sorry, but if somebody told me that Ice-Cube's name was given to him by his mother at birth, he would lose some SERIOUS creds IMO.

I have some video around here for my family. We asked Thomas what we should name his little brother, and he said "Ghost Rider!"

It's cute because he is three years old.

And while Aryanun and I have had some fun suggesting outrageous names to each other, it's just good fun. He'll have a relatively normal name.

Anyway, these two seem to have some very high expectations of their son. I had that feeling when they wanted to name him "4Real", and the Superman angle just adds more proof.

That's funny SD. When my little cousin (age four at the time) found out that his mommy was going to have a baby boy, he asked two questions.

"Can we go get him tonight?", and "Can we name him Joppy Pooh-Bear?"

Honest truth for two years he and I jokingly called his little brother "Joppy". Luckily the nickname never stuck.

Any name can be cruel.

My brother: Martin Martian or Marty Farty (I have a recording of the second one I made as a kid).

Me: Marci Marshmallow.

Our last name insult would be banned from the board because it was foul. So bad my brother chased one kid down (who was on his bike, brother on foot) and yanked him off, informing him that if he ever used that name again he would find him.

Yeah, bro was po'd.

Well... my bro was nicknamed Bubba for a while... but he outgrew it quick.

I hear there's a law in Alabama that all households are mandated to contain at least one Bubba...and if not, one will be provided by the state.

when our son was born, our daughter wanted to name him Thomas Percy (as she was big into Thomas the train at the time)

our kids have not your everyday names, but they aren't out this world

Kiana Jesse

&

Casey Aryn

It more or less a trend I think, with all the celebs doing it (Apple??) common folk want to get into the act as well, funny how that might bite their kids in the future when it comes to jobs & such, as studies show people with oddball names don't get picked as much as people with names like Bob & Mary. Then again might just be the people hiring as well, stuck in traditional ways.

Thomas Henry (yes, EB, our eldest just has his name switched from your second choice) has a nice, normal name.

Our next may end up with Michael Lucien. Michael being SD's middle name, and Lucien being my grandfather's name.

Okay... everyone think what you call a skeleton for short. A skellie right? Okay now change the 'ie' to a 'y'... Skelly, and there's my surname. Now think of all the amazing insults you can come up with just using the words that rhyme with Skelly. My brother and I endured quite a few and I won't get into the fact that He-Man was on TV when we were kids... Skeletor anyone?